Author Topic: Organizing Genos/SX900 catgories vs. legacy categories?  (Read 2448 times)

Offline Dave Nuttall

Organizing Genos/SX900 catgories vs. legacy categories?
« on: March 15, 2020, 02:48:16 PM »
My Genos is nearly 3 months old and I've found "almost nothing" to complain about EXCEPT the categories for styles compared with "legacy" categories.   (My prior keyboard was the S910).

For my usage, the legacy categories are more self-explanatory, with special emphasis on the ballad and country categories.

I've looked around for a "map" but nothing shows up.   What I'd like is a list of Genos/SX-900 styles that shows where Yamaha placed them vs. where they would fit in a legacy categories array such as S975/Tyros5 and earlier.

Anybody got a "trick" or tip on this subject?
TIA.
Dave
Genos, ProTools, Cubase AI10, Win10,  BIAB-2022, Sibelius Ultimate, MixMaster, PRSUTI, StyleMagic, StyleWorks, and Baldwin SF-10 acoustic piano.

Pino

Re: Organizing Genos/SX900 catgories vs. legacy categories?
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2020, 03:48:05 PM »
Download the ‘DataList’. 975/T5
Make some folders.
Copy/paste the styles to the folders.

Pino

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline Dave Nuttall

« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2020, 04:28:26 PM »
Perhaps I wasn't clear:   I want the Genos/SX-900 styles mapped to the T5-categories.
Genos, ProTools, Cubase AI10, Win10,  BIAB-2022, Sibelius Ultimate, MixMaster, PRSUTI, StyleMagic, StyleWorks, and Baldwin SF-10 acoustic piano.

Offline Joe H

« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2020, 04:34:38 PM »
Perhaps I wasn't clear:   I want the Genos/SX-900 styles mapped to the T5-categories.

Dave the style categories have been changed on the latest keyboards.  The best you can do is copy all style folders to your USB stick and manually reorganize the styles to match the T5 which will require creating some new folders as Pino has suggested and move some styles to those folders.

Joe H
Music is the Universal Language!

My Article: Using Multi Pads in registrations. Download Regs, Styles & MPs:  http://psrtutorial.com/music/articles/dancemusic.html

Offline Dave Nuttall

« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2020, 04:40:26 PM »
Dave the style categories have been changed on the latest keyboards.  The best you can do is copy all style folders to your USB stick and manually reorganize the styles to match the T5 which will require creating some new folders as Pino has suggested and move some styles to those folders.

Joe H

My "worst fear" (lol)....having something to do while we're in this "pseudo quarantined mindset"!
Thanks Pino & Joe.

Offline panos

« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2020, 05:29:16 PM »
Hi Dave,
there should be an option on your keyboard to copy-paste multiple styles that you will select at the time and not one by one on those 2 folders you want to create.