Author Topic: country music styles  (Read 4469 times)

Offline gary3917

country music styles
« on: March 13, 2020, 10:43:58 PM »
Hi folks
I am going to do some gigs with new ,modern and Merle Haggard , George Strait type country styles and need a gig set of the songs with the style and tempo listed for that particular song .
I noticed that on the gig disk areas they have many songs listed with the style used on the tyros . Can anyone make a suggestion of a listing ofjust country songs with the styles listed ?
Thank you so much for your help
Gary
Tyros 5 (finally ),Tyros 4, Korg M3 88,  Kawia MP7,Casio PX 560 Cakewalk Sonar BIAB Cubase 5
Mackie DLM8 Keyboard stereo Powered speakers and subwoofer

Offline poinsot

Re: country music styles
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2020, 07:05:06 AM »
Bonjour je suis de France
Voici le lien d'un groupe Français..
Bonne journée
Hello I am from France
Here is the link of a French group.
Have a good day
Jean Pierre

http://www.blue-night-country.fr/pages/repertoire.html

http://www.blue-night-country.fr/videos/

The following users thanked this post: peterm

Offline gary3917

« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2020, 06:09:27 PM »
I was hoping for a song list of the country songs with the Tyros styles for each song. Thanx anyway Jean Pierre
« Last Edit: March 19, 2020, 06:16:43 PM by gary3917 »
Tyros 5 (finally ),Tyros 4, Korg M3 88,  Kawia MP7,Casio PX 560 Cakewalk Sonar BIAB Cubase 5

Offline Dave Nuttall

« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2020, 04:47:41 PM »
I was hoping for a song list of the country songs with the Tyros styles for each song.

Good news but not ideal solution:

A member (xeenix) has created/posted Excel spreadsheets which includes more than 1800 style names and an array of song titles that he believes work with the style.

Unfortunately, there is no "genre" filter so you have to know what you want to play.

Another idea is that Joe W. (owner of PSR-Tutorial.com) has maintained a large section of styles submitted by members in the form of "gig lists".
(https://psrtutorial.com/sty/gigDisks/index.html)

If you know what you want to play, that might be a good starting point and then perhaps cross-reference with the Excel spreadsheet that Xeenix created.

Feel free to post followups or PM me and I'll try to assist.
Dave
San Antonio, TX
Genos, ProTools, Cubase AI10, Win10,  BIAB-2022, Sibelius Ultimate, MixMaster, PRSUTI, StyleMagic, StyleWorks, and Baldwin SF-10 acoustic piano.

The following users thanked this post: Dave Shively

Offline gary3917

« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2020, 05:30:23 PM »
Thank u Dave so nice of you .thanx for helping me out .
Gary

Roy_T

« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2020, 07:07:14 PM »
Gary

Along with Dave's suggestion about using performer's gig disks for tying specific song names to specific keyboard setups (in your case: styles), you may also want to take a look at the Music Finder Databases (MFD) in that same general area.  In particular is Joe Waters' Master Music Finder Data Base that is based on entries from 50 different fakebooks.  On that page, if you scroll down to about mid-page, you will find a download list for specific models all the way from the PSR-2100 up through the S950 and Tyros 5 (right down your alley).  BUT . . . . while you are there, also take a look at the MFD's that have been submitted by some of our most prolific performers.  That list has to represent many hundreds of year's of some of the best collective experience you could ever hope to find anywhere.

Best of luck with your search!

Roy
« Last Edit: March 30, 2020, 07:09:30 PM by Roy_T »

Offline gary3917

« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2020, 12:06:05 AM »
thank you so much ...will do
Gary