Author Topic: Name 3 things you like and 3 things that you don’t like about Genos  (Read 5619 times)

Hi, The 3 things that I really love: SA2 Voices (they are very easy to play) Revo!drums technology and the musicality of the styles.
The 3 things that I don’t like: You can’t create MegaVoices or SA voices, you can’t import samples directly on the keyboard, you don’t have a dedicate function to create Strum patterns for guitar parts on the style.

Pino

Please, not another one 🤔

« Last Edit: March 09, 2020, 07:19:49 AM by Pino »

Murat

MULTI PAD CONTROL
1.   They currently don’t remember the last chord applied and always reverts back to C-Major when played on their own. Let’s say you are playing a song in D-Minor and would like to stop the style, play freehand guitar and only start a PAD and continue playing the guitar, although the song is in D-minor the PAD will play C-major – this is not good. The PADs should remember the last chord applied, just like Korg keyboards.
2.   It should be possible to turn on/off PADs individually. On Korg keyboards, you can just select the PADs you want turned on and turn off the ones you don’t want without having to stop the whole lot.

DATA WHEEL
1.   The primary job for the wheel needs to be to control the tempo. If a window is open it can then control whatever window is open.

SMOOTH TRANSITION
1.   Unfortunately, in many situations, the smooth transition does not take place; changing a OTS or a Registration can create a loud ugly sound due to the effects or sounds saved within each OTS or Registration. Would be great if this is fixed.

Offline DerekA

Data wheel - No! the primary job for the wheel has to be to control the value of whatever parameter you just selected on the touch screen.

Which is handy, because that's what it does :)

Just press a Tempo +/- button, and you'll get a window that makes the data wheel control the tempo.
Genos

Murat

Derek, when there is no window open the data wheel does nothing. I wrote, if any window is open (whatever it may be) then the wheel can control that, which is completely logical. But when there is no window open the data wheel does nothing, that's when it would be handy if it controlled the tempo.

Offline DerekA

I don't agree. If I touch a value on the screen - say a slider on the mixer page - then the data wheel controls that slider. No windows are open, but there's a border round the selected widget.
Genos

Offline EileenL

Multi Pads can be turned off one at a time. IF you hold down the mutli pad button and select stop It leave the other pads playing.

Bachus

- sounds, espescially the sa2 voices and ensemble voices
- community and user created content shared freely
- the interface, both hardware buttons, knobs etc as well the screen, make operation very intuitive

Dislikes
- onboard edditting is to basic, there should be a piano roll for midi edditing, and the whole yem should be part of the keyboard allowing for real time edditing, and edditing of other things like the arps is not possible ar all..
- connection with the outher world lacks for a 2020 keyboard that claims to be a workstation.. no audio/ usb, midi has man limitations, daw and ipad integration are lacking. Everything inside the Genos breathes stand alone
- many things can not be saved, like OTS sets, user effect settings, and ARPs should have an option to save user sets as specific save items, with the same options like we now have for saving styles sounds performances and songs.

I like the idea behind this topic, it forces people to indicate the biggest problems.. but also the top highlights

There is another thing i must name tough, it doesnt make my top 3 yet its a major concern..
I would love to be able to assign more sounds to the keyboard,,... or have more then 4 multipads..
It would be awesome if yamaha allowed us to assign song parts for this..
Just like we now can reroute the dsp effects in the song parts..

Bachus

Why do most people only post negatives?
The OP asks for 3 possitives and 3 negatives?

This allows people to see things in perspective..

Offline mcbrown

Forgive me for asking, but how does this topic fit under the heading of "Genos Demos"? I believe it would have been more appropriate in the General section for Genos.

Murray
« Last Edit: March 26, 2020, 05:36:05 AM by mcbrown »
Genos + MS01, TouchMix 30 Dig Mixer, Fender Strat & Tele, Cole Clark FL3, Music Man 210 75 and Behringer: FCB1010, B1200D Subs x 2 & B205D f/b spkrs x4, Boss: GT-1 Guitar Fx, Roland: GR-55 Guitar Synth, MAUI 28 G2 & 5 GO x2, Korg EK-50L Arranger, Zoom L-8

Offline metcam

Dislikes:

1.Missing Song Syncro Start Off/On . Neded for all players who use MIDI songs and style together for play. At this moment on Genos and SX is almost perfect ,just need a little  to complete that functions:

MIDI play and style play at same time,MIDI stop style continue play,Midi start again style ""CONTINUE"" play.

2. Missing:  Note shift to all individuals tones +/-12 separate for R1,R2,R3

3. Need 10 GB sampling room.

LIKE:
1: Mono-Legato
2: 10 of Registrations memory botons.
3: Touch screen

Regards
Curent Instruments:  PSR A-5000
Previus instruments:SX-900,GENOS,PSR-A3000,PSR9000,Tyros2,Tyros3,TYROS5,psr2000,psr2100,psr1500,psr530,psr OR700,DX7,DX11,V50,DX21.
KORG:pa800,KORG PA-900,Triton Extreme,Triton rack,.KORG X3,Roland G600.Roland

Offline mcbrown

I see my suggestion was accepted and adjusted accordingly.

Regards

Murray
Genos + MS01, TouchMix 30 Dig Mixer, Fender Strat & Tele, Cole Clark FL3, Music Man 210 75 and Behringer: FCB1010, B1200D Subs x 2 & B205D f/b spkrs x4, Boss: GT-1 Guitar Fx, Roland: GR-55 Guitar Synth, MAUI 28 G2 & 5 GO x2, Korg EK-50L Arranger, Zoom L-8

tyrosman

Forgive me for asking, but how does this topic fit under the heading of "Genos Demos"? I believe it would have been more appropriate in the General section for Genos.

Murray
very true Murry :)

tyrosman

Multi Pads can be turned off one at a time. IF you hold down the mutli pad button and select stop It leave the other pads playing.
true Again Eileen :)

tyrosman

Murray
this is the General section Mcbrown

tyrosman

Murray
it is the Genos General section Murry :)

Offline mcbrown

Tyrosman,
It is in the general section now but the post originally started in the Genos Demo section and was changed when I queried the appropriateness of the posting.

Murray

Bachus

Tyrosman,
It is in the general section now but the post originally started in the Genos Demo section and was changed when I queried the appropriateness of the posting.

Murray

Precisely,

Seems to many people overhere only visit the general section...

You made a good call, as it was clearly in the wrong place 👍

So now everyone should go back on topic, naming their 3 tops and 3 downs before making any other comments 😜
« Last Edit: March 29, 2020, 04:06:41 PM by Bachus »

Offline Toril S

LIKE:
1. Touch screen( thought I never would say that!!)
2. Great sound and intuitive OS.
3. Sleek design.

DISLIKE:

1. File managing system. Folders should be in a different colour, and it should be easier to go beck and forth between foldere
   without being just flung beck at the root of the USB stick.
2. The awful 8-pin DIN contact on the subwoofer. Easy to break, difficult to put in, a pain in the but.
3. Too little contrast of the display. And it should be even more tilted towards the player.

Final comment. I love my Genos, my lovely black monster keyboard :)

Toril S

Genos, Tyros 5, PSR S975, PSR 2100
and PSR-47.
Former keyboards: PSR-S970.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLVwWdb36Yd3LMBjAnm6pTQ?view_as=subscriber

Toril's PSR Performer Page