Author Topic: Owners report T5-76. Home User. Short Summary.  (Read 2102 times)

Offline Graham UK

Owners report T5-76. Home User. Short Summary.
« on: March 05, 2020, 03:35:28 PM »
Owners report T5-76. Home User. Short Summary.

From a playing point of view important things required for myself are Keybed Feel, After-Touch & Good Quality Buttons.

I did look at the SX900 & 700 but in comparison with the T5-76 it did not stand up quality wise with its Key-Bed, Rubber Buttons and General Construction. ( Korg have always been good on this score).

T5 Key-Bed is very good,  good quality Buttons and overall construction good,
I'm very pleased with the purchase which was less price than the SX900. 

It's been a few months since purchasing a very clean the Tyros 5-76.
I previously had a T2 for 12 years so the transition to the T5 was relatively easy after understanding Organ World & Ensemble.
Most of the Styles from Genos & SX900 play well after eliminating the Revo Drums with Revo-Drum-Cleaner.
My T5 After a number of tweaks EQ & CMP (Compression) plus DSB on right hand voices, this board is now sounding very sweet.

All Styles are adjusted Volumes & Effects wise before saving for selected songs,
I have 3 banks of Registrations and these are saved purely with voices only, no styles, these are my favourite voices for playing with any selected style .

DGX670

Offline Toril S

Re: Owners report T5-76. Home User. Short Summary.
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2020, 04:26:06 PM »
Yes Graham, the T5 is a great keyboard!!!
Toril S

Genos, Tyros 5, PSR S975, PSR 2100
and PSR-47.
Former keyboards: PSR-S970.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLVwWdb36Yd3LMBjAnm6pTQ?view_as=subscriber

Toril's PSR Performer Page

« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2020, 06:20:58 PM »
Hello Best Graham

I also be a new owner of the Tyros 5 76 , replaced for my Korg Pa4x , and yes its a top keyboard for me ,sweet all my wishes
its fantastic how the styles are programmed , but still to learn how to make it sweet sounding like you say.
maybe you want to share some of your registrations , ?. somehow i must be take some time to work with the Dsp's of the Tyros.
Butt overall its the sweetest keyboard for me ( home user ).

Best regards.   8)

Offline Graham UK

« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2020, 12:22:23 PM »
Flipje001. My Registrations nothing special are saved as voices only,  RGT when saved style un-ticked so voice can be used with any style selected.
If you have not already done it EQ setting to what sounds right to you dependent on speakers used.
I find the main improvement is CMP (Compression settings).
Threshold Offset -20   Ratio Offset +3     Gain Offset +3   SAVE AS USER.

Commercially everything you hear whether it be Radio...TV...CD Studios output are all compressed which reduces the dynamic range lifting quiet sounds & lowering loud sounds.
DGX670