Author Topic: Psr-e363. USB audio in save level  (Read 2593 times)

Fossy2

Psr-e363. USB audio in save level
« on: March 05, 2020, 03:21:43 PM »
Hi all,
The e363 is connected to iPad via the usb lead and camera adapter.
The volume level on iPad is fixed , also no adjustment on the app ( simply maestro piano)  while usb is connected.
The 363 usb volume level works ok in the  function  up and down by default it is 100 far to loud.
The question is every time I turn it on it resets to 100.  I tried a regist memory but no joy.
I could be doing this wrong . Ideas please.

SeaGtGruff

Re: Psr-e363. USB audio in save level
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2020, 08:05:15 AM »
I second what Roy said.

From what I've read about owners of more advanced keyboards-- that is, the models that let you save and recall an unlimited(?) number of registration banks, with 8 or more registrations in each bank-- it's common practice to create a "startup" registration that can be used to set up the keyboard with all of your preferred settings.

In other words, select your favorite voice or voices (Main, Dual, and Split), favorite style, etc., and set all parameters relevant to those things, including volume levels and any other miscellaneous functions. Then save your keyboard's setup as Registration 1 in Bank 1. Each time you turn on your keyboard, Bank 1 should be selected automatically, so all you need to do is recall Registration 1 and bingo, your keyboard is set up just the way you like!

A variation of this would be to save your work under Registration 2 in Bank 1 if you want to be able to resume it at a later time. That is, say you're working on learning to play, of maybe even composing, a song on your keyboard, and you've got the keyboard set up a certain way for that purpose-- certain voices and style selected, etc. Then you need to stop for the day, but you aren't finished, and you'd like to be able to continue your work later without having to set everything back the way you had it-- if you can even remember what the settings were. You can save everything to Registration 2 in Bank 1-- so you don't overwrite your "everyday favorite settings" in Registration 1, Bank 1-- then the next time you turn on your keyboard you can choose whether to recall Registration 2 and continue with whatever you were working on, or recall Registration 1 for your normal favorite setup.

Offline SciNote

« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2020, 09:37:20 AM »
I have no direct experience with USB audio on the keyboard, as my older PSR-E433 does not have this feature.  However, I took a look at the online manual for the E363, and it does not list this function as being able to be saved to a registration.  In the list of functions, it is grouped with things like the style volume and song volume that, on my E433, retain their values after the power is turned off.  So, I would think that this function's value would also be retained when the power is turned off.  But then again, just because the USB audio volume feature is grouped with the style and song volume (which do retain the settings upon power off on my E433), that doesn't necessarily mean that the USB audio feature has to retain the value upon power off, as well.

If you have a music store nearby that has the E363 on display, I would just go there and try it on the display model and see how it works.  Turn on the keyboard, select the USB audio volume feature, change the value, turn the keyboard off, wait a minute or two, and then turn it back on and see if the value is remembered or of it goes back to the default of 100.  If it goes back to the default, then that is just the design of the keyboard.  The only thing I can think of to consider if you do this test is to determine if this feature is available and can be adjusted without anything being hooked up to the USB port.  If not, then you'd need to bring your iPad and cable to the music store and see if they will let you hook it to their display keyboard for this experiment.

EDIT:  I just thought of something.  I doubt this is the case, but could it be possible that the iPad and/or the app is able to set the USB audio value on the keyboard? If so, then maybe the iPad/app is telling the keyboard to set it at the default every time you use it, but like I said, I think this is probably a long shot.  But in a similar manner to above, try setting the level and turning the keyboard off and back on without the iPad hooked up and see if that makes a difference.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2020, 09:59:11 AM by SciNote »
Bob
Current: Yamaha PSR-E433 (x2), Roland GAIA SH-01, Casio CDP-200R, Casio MT-68 (wired to bass pedals)
Past: Yamaha PSR-520, PSR-510, PSR-500, DX-7, D-80 home organ, and a few Casios

Fossy2

« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2020, 02:12:48 PM »
Thanks for comments.
Saving to Reg 1 or 2 , with iPad in or out makes no difference. It always starts on piano and USB level 100.
Selecting different Regs , I get different voices etc but no volume change.
Probably as a basic model it cant be changed.
I’ll live with it !!