Author Topic: PSR E413 Chord Display  (Read 3111 times)

dasntn

PSR E413 Chord Display
« on: March 02, 2020, 03:45:28 PM »
Hi
this is my first post to this Forum!  I did search for the topic and couldn't;t find anything, so hopefully this is not a repeat of an existing post.

I have an E413 and according to the manual the Chord Display area of the display should name the chord I am playing on the keyboard. But nothing shows up in that area. If I use the Chord Dict feature, chord names are displayed in that area, so it doesn't;t appear to be a problem with the display itself. 

Any idea what might be the reason?
thanks

Dave

Offline Duurduur

Re: PSR E413 Chord Display
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2020, 04:18:46 PM »
I'm not shure but I think it is the same with every PSR model. Have you CMP on? That is the way to show chords on the display.

Regards Ruud
Yamaha PSR-SX900
Yamaha PSR E463
Logitech Z623 Speakersystem

SeaGtGruff

« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2020, 09:10:14 PM »
Welcome to the forums, Dave! :)

I think the owner's manual for your keyboard should have information about chords in it, but at the bottom of the linked post is a PDF attachment of some pages I printed from two other manuals.

https://www.psrtutorial.com/forum/index.php/topic,48620.msg380861.html#msg380861

dasntn

« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2020, 06:59:25 AM »
Hi Rudd

Thanks for the reply - I'm not sure what CMP is, so I don't know if I have it on or not (!)

Dave

dasntn

« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2020, 07:01:51 AM »
Welcome to the forums, Dave! :)

I think the owner's manual for your keyboard should have information about chords in it, but at the bottom of the linked post is a PDF attachment of some pages I printed from two other manuals.

https://www.psrtutorial.com/forum/index.php/topic,48620.msg380861.html#msg380861
Thanks SeaGtGruff!

Couldn't find much about Chord Display in the manual, just on page 56 (I think) - it seems to say that it should always be displaying the chord you are playing.

Dave

SeaGtGruff

« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2020, 11:27:22 AM »
Hi Rudd

Thanks for the reply - I'm not sure what CMP is, so I don't know if I have it on or not (!)

Dave

I think he meant Accompaniment, or ACMP as it's abbreviated on the panel.

Offline SciNote

« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2020, 06:06:53 AM »
This seems to be the case with my PSR-E433, as well.  I rarely use styles, except for the drum rhythm, but I thought I had seen chords display in that area of my screen during various times as I was playing or recording on my keyboard.  So, after reading this thread, I tried it on my keyboard, thinking that I might see the chords display if I turn on the split mode, but that didn't happen.  I only saw the chords display when I turned on the auto-accompaniment (ACMP) feature, so that just seems to be the way these keyboards are designed.

It will display the notes being played on a musical staff with the auto-accompaniment turned off (not sure if the E413 has this feature or not), but it will not "calculate" and display the chord you're playing unless the auto-accompaniment is turned on.
Bob
Current: Yamaha PSR-E433 (x2), Roland GAIA SH-01, Casio CDP-200R, Casio MT-68 (wired to bass pedals)
Past: Yamaha PSR-520, PSR-510, PSR-500, DX-7, D-80 home organ, and a few Casios

dasntn

« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2020, 07:11:36 AM »
Thanks for the updates, that's very useful. I will dig in and have a look

David