News:

PSR Tutorial Forum is Now Back to Life!

Main Menu

Clavinova Bluetooth

Started by Ray, February 21, 2020, 06:54:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ray

I have paired my iPad Air 2 to the CVP and the screen shows a tick and connected, and my I Pad says connected, with the Clavinova, yet there is no sound coming from the speakers, is there anything I have missed to do, should it play without any other operation. Thankyou.

Rick D.

Hi Ray,

We need more info. How did you connect? Wirelessly or with a cable?
Which speakers do you mean, the Clavinova speakers or the iPad? If you are trying to get the iPad to play thru the Clavinova, you may need a cable to go from the headphone jack on the iPad to the input of the Clavinova. I don't own a Clavinova, but I hooked up my nephews this way. The cable needs to be stereo and have 1/8" male on the iPad end and split to two 1/4" males on the keyboardend.

Rick D.

Ray

Hi Rick, I'm trying to connect Bluetooth, as the manual says , and the screen of the CVP 809 is ticked, indicating and saying "paired" . However there is no sound coming from the Clavinova speakers.  Should not require cables being Bluetooth. Thankyou for your reply.

Fred Smith

I think your problem is your iPad doesn't know you want it to play audio.

Just because you've paired it with a Bluetooth device doesn't tell the iPad much. In fact, most of the time when paired with a external device you want the iPad to send audio to that device. In your case, you want the iPad to receive audio from the CVP.

Your first problem is you would have to verify the CVP is outputting audio through the Bluetooth connection. Once you've confirmed this, I think you need an app which knows it's to receive audio from the Bluetooth connection, and you want it played on the internal speakers of the iPad.

Hope this helps,
Fred
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ
Genos, Bose L1 compacts, Finale 2015
Check out my Registration Lessons

mikf

Fred
I think he is trying to send music from the IPad to the CVP speakers. I suspect there is another step require to instruct the CVP to recognize and play the signal recd from the IPad.
Mike

mikf

Ray
I have checked the manual and you seem to be doing everything correctly. Have you ever paired the iPad with any other device like Bluetooth speakers and successfully played the iPad thru them? Also check basics like the volume is turned up on both devices.

Ray

Thank you Fred and Mike. As Mike said, I'm trying to get the audio from I Pad to the CVP , and have both volumes up high, no sound. The iPad Bluetooth is on and says connected, the Bluetooth is on on the keyboard , saying it is paired, (it has a screen with a big tick, says paired, ) the I Pad has the matching CVP pairing number on the screen, all matches up, but no sound, so not sure what next step is, Thankyou for help.

Rick D.

Ray,

The only way I have been able to achieve the same thing on the Genos, is to use a cable, as I mentioned above, and also an app called Chord Tracker. I also have used Notestar before it was discontinued. Not sure how to do it wirelessly.

Rick D.

mikf

The CVP manual does have some 'Yamaha don't guarantee bluetooth will work with all devices' get out clauses. But an iPad is a normal go to for this kind of thing, so it really should work. I think you ask your dealer or call Yamaha support.
Mike

mikf

Re the Genos comment, I don't have a Genos but I did not think it had built in Bluetooth. So a wire connection would be necessary. But the new CVP does have it and it should work.
Mike

Rick D.

Mike,

I did some experimenting with the Genos and my iPad. I had not tried to input audio from my iPad to the Genos, only the Tyros 5.
First I tried it with the same cables I used on Tyros. It worked ok, but there was a feedback never experienced on the Tyros. I unhooked the cables and with the Chord tracker App, it worked fine over Wifi, playing my songs. when I tried to get any other kind of sound to play wirelessly, I had no luck. I re-hooked up the cables and I was able to play from iTunes thru the Genos. I was able to get rid of the feedback by turning down the WiFi output volumn.

Rick D.

mikf

Rick
Maybe I wasn't clear, but the CVP has Bluetooth, and that should act wirelessly exactly like there was a wire between the devices. It should work very easily, and its not clear why it is not working. If the Genos doesn't have bluetooth, ( and I don't think it does) then you would need a cable connection to send audio - as you have found out. Sending thru WiFi is something quite different. In that case you would be connecting to the internet and communicating that way.
Mike

Rick D.

Mike,

I thought Genos had bluetooth, but I guess not.
Hope you get it all sorted out soon!

Rick D.