Author Topic: psr S -975 REGISTRATION DATA LOSS  (Read 1961 times)

Bonzai99

psr S -975 REGISTRATION DATA LOSS
« on: March 02, 2020, 01:23:57 AM »
HAS ANYONE EXPERIENCED THIS PROBLEM?

AFTER HAVING SPENT SEVERAL HOURS SETTING UP SEVERAL REGISTRATION SETTINGS UNDER A REGISTRATION NAME: IE(CONCERT #1)
WITH THE 8 SETTINGS EACH. I SUDDENLY REALIZED AFTER A FEW DAYS OF USING THEM AND HAVING RUN A BACK UP THAT EACH TIME I SELECT A MEMORY NUMBER THE STYLE PRECIOUSLY SET DOES NOT CHANGE. OFTEN THE SAME STYLE SHOWS UP EVEN AFTER SELECTING DIFFERENT NUMBERS.  ALSO I DID NOTICE THAT WHEN I LAUNCH A CERTAIN REGISTRATION AND I LOOK AT THE "INFO" FOR THAT REGISTRATION ALL THE DATA IS THERE INCLUDING THE DIFFERENT STYLES FOR EACH BUTTON. IT'S JUST THAT WHEN THE BUTTONS ARE SELECTED THE STYLE NEVER CHANGES.  I EVEN LOADED A PREVIOUS BACK UP AND IT DID NOT CORRECT THE PROBLEM. 
    I HOPE THIS EXPLAINS THE ISSUE. ITS A BIT COMPLICATED, BUT IF ANYONE HAS EXPERIENCED IT THEY WILL KNOW WHAT I AM TALKING ABOUT. ANY ADVICE WOULD BE APPRICIATED.  THANKS.

Offline Dick Rector

Re: psr S -975 REGISTRATION DATA LOSS
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2020, 03:31:43 AM »
If a backup doesn't solve the problem you probably haven't saved your RGT in the first place the correct way OR changed where the RGT could find the info.
BTW Typing all text in capitals is not easy to read and is on web-sides or Facebook supposed to be SCREAMING at your readers.

Dick
PSR-2000 and PSR-S950

Offline Fred Smith

« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2020, 03:56:09 AM »
Yes, we've seen a hundred posts like yours.

Post the registration so we can take a look at it and tell you where you've gone wrong.

And, please, from now on, stop SHOUTING.

Cheers,
Fred
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ
Genos, Bose L1 compacts, Finale 2015
Check out my Registration Lessons

Offline panos

« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2020, 07:25:30 AM »
Hi Bonzai99,
it looks like the same mistake we all do sometimes.
You have moved the styles to a different folder(the restore-back up you made may caused it also) and the registrations cannot find them anymore.
You need to find those styles manually, put them back to the registrations and save again the registrations.

An example:
Call the registration no 1 (press the reg 1 button)
Press E to find the style and when you find it, select it and press exit.
Press Memory
Press reg 1 button
Press J
Save the registration

Do that with all the reg buttons 1-8
« Last Edit: March 02, 2020, 07:29:12 AM by panos »

Bonzai99

« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2020, 01:05:10 PM »
Thank you all for your suggestions. sorry for the caps lock being on. i didnt realize that was shouting.
I will consider all your suggestions.  However, these registrations were used for many weeks on end. So I'm pretty sure that I saved them properly.
Also they do show up when I click on the info button. However when I select the 1-8 buttons only the instruments and other settings change but not the styles. Ill try to post a photo of the data info later showing the correct style. However when I choose that selection the style does not change.  It happened to propable 50% of my registration banks but not all of them. Thats why I,m thinking there is a clitch here. 
Thanks again for your comments. 

Offline DerekA

« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2020, 01:50:00 PM »
Check you haven't used "FREEZE" to prevent the registration from changing the style.
Genos

Bonzai99

« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2020, 03:04:25 PM »
Once again , thank you all for your comments.  I think I have resolved the problem.  I had changed my usb stick and some of those styles where located on the usb stick that I had removed.  Other comments will be good for the future.  Thanks.  issue resolved.