Author Topic: What could be improved on the SX900 / 700  (Read 27121 times)

blackpool

Re: What could be improved on the SX900 / 700
« Reply #50 on: March 31, 2020, 06:38:42 PM »
Good points Hans ... Perhaps we should make a list of the top 10 and do a poll on here . as i do think they will be doing a firmware update, as they do for 'recent' new models ...and might listen to our views......not that they mean much....

Keith

Offline hans1966

« Reply #51 on: March 31, 2020, 06:52:21 PM »
Hi Keith, you are right. As for the SA2 voices, I think (if they wanted to) that they could implement them in the new fimware. so we could have a small piece of the benefits of the flagship. I do NOT want to mention brands, but in some, the mid-range gets some of the benefits of the TOTL keyboard. Hans
"Enjoying my SX600, and moving step by step through the journey of life"

blackpool

« Reply #52 on: March 31, 2020, 09:07:34 PM »
I imagine they think we have 'enough' of Genos in its little brother, as far as I am aware it must have taken quite a blow in sales since the SX was launched .... I for one don't regret moving back down to an SX from Genos for a lot of reasons.
So i don't recon they will give us much, if ANYTHING other than fix a few bugs. They will be too concerned about damaging possible Genos sales any further IMHO.
I suppose some of the ideas from the forum could easily be added and it would be great if they were.

Keith

ps..and to say WHY i downgraded in order of importance to me

Size
Weight/portability/space at home
Same OS as Genos with -
Touch screen still available
61 note version
On-board speakers
Far better compact control layout
Cost
« Last Edit: March 31, 2020, 09:26:59 PM by blackpool »

Offline J. Larry

« Reply #53 on: March 31, 2020, 09:40:41 PM »
Just wondering:  might anyone know how well the SX series is doing relative to all the previous PSR series?  Has the SX 900 made a dent in the Genos market?  Have SX sales caught the attention of Yamaha?  No regrets, here, moving from the Tyros to the SX 900.  I’d love it if the SX series, i.e., a 61-note arranger with speakers, was improved dramatically and elevated to “flagship” status for the company.  Dream on. 

blackpool

« Reply #54 on: March 31, 2020, 10:01:45 PM »
I really dont know why they did not do a 61 Genos Larry I would have bought one in a heartbeat.
The layout would have to have been compacted which would have been much better for me.
In my view Genos is all over the darn place, why, with all that space!! I tend to use real controls on the fly and use the screen for set up and 'between' actually playing, so all the reaching for me on Genos was a deal breaker.
I just love the layout on SX especially the assignables - super position... not so on Genos ...why??

Talking to my dealer friends they are VERY pleased with sales - especially moves from other regular brand users who wanted to see a touch screen being made available in a mid range arranger by Yamaha . This can be seen more in the 700 being at a lower price point.

Keith
« Last Edit: March 31, 2020, 10:05:24 PM by blackpool »

Offline Toril S

« Reply #55 on: March 31, 2020, 11:06:04 PM »
Hello friends. I considered buying the XS900 as a portable keyboard when it came to our store in January. I already have a Genos, but it is rather big to play out of the house with! I like the XS, and it has the same OS as Genos, making it easy. But I waited too long, so it was sold. Then I went to the shop to get some other stuff, and I was told that the man that purchased the XS900 had asked if he could take it back to the store and buy the Genos instead. That was all right with the store, but he has not been there yet. the virus makes us cereful with our money. The XS900 is a wonderful keyboard, but I would not trade it for a Tyros or Genos!
Toril S

Genos, Tyros 5, PSR S975, PSR 2100
and PSR-47.
Former keyboards: PSR-S970.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLVwWdb36Yd3LMBjAnm6pTQ?view_as=subscriber

Toril's PSR Performer Page

kampot

« Reply #56 on: April 02, 2020, 03:27:59 AM »
The Keybed.

The new FSB ? Keybed is a total stepdown from previous generation of psr-s series.

Psr-s had perfect Keybed.
But this new Keybed in psr-sx feels very cheap, and is not as "playable".

Offline hans1966

« Reply #57 on: April 02, 2020, 04:04:36 AM »
Hello Kampot, I do NOT agree with what you say. I personally have had S950, S970, and S975, and I must say that the key bed feel was very regular and loud. I feel that Yamaha has taken a very important step in this regard in the SX series. in a way it forces you to have a better fingering. Obviously there are errors to correct, but this is not the case. Greethings. Hans

Offline ton37

« Reply #58 on: April 02, 2020, 04:06:27 AM »
The Keybed.

The new FSB ? Keybed is a total stepdown from previous generation of psr-s series.

Psr-s had perfect Keybed.
But this new Keybed in psr-sx feels very cheap, and is not as "playable".
On  this particular subject I disagree, but 'feelings'  are soo personal  ...  ;) What I meant, if something 'feels' good oe bad, it does not mean that it IS good or bad ..
« Last Edit: April 02, 2020, 04:17:03 AM by ton37 »
My best regards,
Ton

Offline Enildo

« Reply #59 on: April 04, 2020, 02:21:48 PM »
Hello to all friends of the forum.
I hope everyone is well, despite these dark days.

I have an important thing that is not so serious, but that is kind of boring, and I want to hear your opinion.
For those who have old Registration Memory, regarding the voices (in the past models -> R1 R2) and want to add the R3 voice,
always have to activate Touch Reponse (as it is unchecked) and decrease the Volume of Voice R3, which is in 127.
I would like this to come standardized with the Touch Response checked and the volume at 100.
I hope this can be fixed in an upcoming update.

Enildo

[attachment deleted by admin]
When word fail, Music speaks!

Offline EileenL

« Reply #60 on: April 04, 2020, 02:59:31 PM »
Because you are using older registrations on a newer keyboard that now has three right hand voices the keyboard is defaulting to this setting because it was not needed in previous PSR  keyboards so there was no place for it.

Offline Enildo

« Reply #61 on: April 04, 2020, 03:03:58 PM »
Because you are using older registrations on a newer keyboard that now has three right hand voices the keyboard is defaulting to this setting because it was not needed in previous PSR  keyboards so there was no place for it.

Yes I know. But why not come with the Touch Response marked and the voice at volume 100? It is the standard.

Can't yamaha fix this?

Offline Fred Smith

« Reply #62 on: April 04, 2020, 03:09:34 PM »
Yes I know. But why not come with the Touch Response marked and the voice at volume 100? It is the standard.

Can't yamaha fix this?

How would they fix it?

Your registration was created on a different keyboard. It was created with a volume of 127 in R3. Yes, I know that was a stupid value to set, but it’s done.

How does your new keyboard know that you don’t want 127 as the volume? As far as it knows, you do, because that’s what’s in the registration. Same with initial touch.

A better idea is for you to fix your registrations with Murray Best's YRM. You can do them all in one batch. Then you don’t have to wait for Yamaha.

Cheers,
Fred
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ
Genos, Bose L1 compacts, Finale 2015
Check out my Registration Lessons

Offline Enildo

« Reply #63 on: April 04, 2020, 03:31:48 PM »
How would they fix it?

Your registration was created on a different keyboard. It was created with a volume of 127 in R3. Yes, I know that was a stupid value to set, but it’s done.

How does your new keyboard know that you don’t want 127 as the volume? As far as it knows, you do, because that’s what’s in the registration. Same with initial touch.

A better idea is for you to fix your registrations with Murray Best's YRM. You can do them all in one batch. Then you don’t have to wait for Yamaha.

Cheers,
Fred

Okay, are you telling me that when I created my records on the s975, which only had the R1 R2, the R3 was created automatically (with the Touch unchecked and the volume at 127)?
I think the R3 was added by yamaha with these parameters and it has nothing to do with the creation in the previous models, as they did not exist.
About the repairs, for me, I'm already doing it manually when I need to, but we have to think about the other thousands of people who are still going to buy the SX models.
Yes, I hope yamaha will fix this, if possible.

Cheers,
Enildo

Offline Dnj

« Reply #64 on: April 04, 2020, 03:50:32 PM »
How about a few choices of keyboard color & 61 or 76 keys for sx900/sx700?....Black, Red, Silver, etc?

also an ONBOARD  RED LIGHT to show that the Vocal Harmony is On or Off ?

XLR Mic input .

Playlist to include separate songs with all perimeters saved, Mp3s, Smf also in one list

and of course a larger  Tilt up display
« Last Edit: April 04, 2020, 05:08:42 PM by Dnj »

Offline ton37

« Reply #65 on: April 04, 2020, 03:57:57 PM »
How about a few choices of keyboard color & 61 or 76 keys for sx900/sx700?....Black, Red, Silver, etc?

XLR Mic input .

Playlist to include separate songs with all perimeters saved, Mp3s, Smf also in one list

and of course a larger  Tilt up display
If, and only if, Yamaha does this once (upon a time), then at first we will see the launch of the Genos2 . But nevertheless, one is allowed to dream on  ;)
My best regards,
Ton

Offline Enildo

« Reply #66 on: April 04, 2020, 04:01:18 PM »

I've been saying this for a long time.
How about if we had at least one indicator light on the Display?
Similar to the image below.

« Last Edit: April 04, 2020, 04:31:45 PM by Enildo »

Offline Fred Smith

« Reply #67 on: April 04, 2020, 04:02:10 PM »
Okay, are you telling me that when I created my records on the s975, which only had the R1 R2, the R3 was created automatically (with the Touch unchecked and the volume at 127)?
I think the R3 was added by yamaha with these parameters and it has nothing to do with the creation in the previous models, as they did not exist.
About the repairs, for me, I'm already doing it manually when I need to, but we have to think about the other thousands of people who are still going to buy the SX models.
Yes, I hope yamaha will fix this, if possible.

My apologies, Enildo. My mistake. I thought you wanted your problem solved. Sorry to interrupt your rant.

Cheers,
Fred
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ
Genos, Bose L1 compacts, Finale 2015
Check out my Registration Lessons

Offline Enildo

« Reply #68 on: April 04, 2020, 04:25:32 PM »
My apologies, Enildo. My mistake. I thought you wanted your problem solved. Sorry to interrupt your rant.

Cheers,
Fred
Hi Fred

I can not understand you. Are you really apologizing or are you being sarcastic?
I think the forum is a place where people have different points of view and I don't know why the anger.
I really want to thank you for your help, I know that you are an active participant in the forum and help a lot of people and have even helped me.
I want to continue to count on your support, but we don't need to fight with words, ironies or sarcasm. It doesn't help at all.
I am not the owner of reason, I may be wrong, but besides solving a problem I don't see where the harm is in asking or giving my opinion.
Get that hate out of your heart, it doesn't do you good.
If you believed in God, I ask God to bless you, really, and I'm sorry for any rudeness on my part.

Cheers,
Enildo

Offline hans1966

« Reply #69 on: April 04, 2020, 05:29:19 PM »
Hello Enildo, I also happened with my records of my previous S975. Rh3 is too strong. I agree with you that this "empty" voice can be adjusted to a standard volume of 100. Both this and the aforementioned errors can be fixed with a fimware update. Now my opinion is, this forum is wonderful and we can express our opinion or concern regarding our organizing keyboards, and I believe that an atmosphere of cordiality and support should be maintained as much as possible at all times, understanding that each member have your needs. I also believe that Yamaha is currently working on an upcoming fimware update, where possibly the most relevant problems will be solved. Cheers. Hans
« Last Edit: April 04, 2020, 05:34:32 PM by hans1966 »

Offline Enildo

« Reply #70 on: April 04, 2020, 07:42:36 PM »
Using Fred's tip, I tried to make changes faster with Murray Best's Registration Memory Editing Program.
It is a very good program, but I have not found the new SX models.
I tried with Tyros or Genos and managed to solve the R3 volume by adding voice 3 to the program, but I didn't see the "Initial Touch" option.
Can anyone help me find this function?

Greetings,
Enildo

Offline Patrick

« Reply #71 on: April 04, 2020, 10:51:25 PM »
Hi Enildo for YRM, Murray Best have made an special upload for the SX900 link at the end of the page, all the best Patrick

https://psrtutorial.com/util/best.html

Offline Enildo

« Reply #72 on: April 04, 2020, 11:29:34 PM »
Hi Enildo for YRM, Murray Best have made an special upload for the SX900 link at the end of the page, all the best Patrick

https://psrtutorial.com/util/best.html

Thank you very much Patrick, it worked perfectly.
You can tell if the program has the function, "initial Touch" (On / Off).
According to Fred it exists, but I haven't found it.

Cheers,
Enido

Offline overover

« Reply #73 on: April 04, 2020, 11:55:00 PM »
Hi Enildo,

when you are in "Registration Edit" window (after double-clicking a certain Registration ( 1 - 8 ), switch the drop-down box "Touch" (to the right of "Upper Octave") to "On". Then click on "Assign" button right beside. Here you can assign "Touch" to the desired Voices (R1, R2, R3, Left).

Best regards,
Chris
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.
➪ Never put the manual too far away: There's more in it than you think! ;-)

The following users thanked this post: johan

Offline Enildo

« Reply #74 on: April 05, 2020, 04:04:26 PM »
Hi Enildo,

when you are in "Registration Edit" window (after double-clicking a certain Registration ( 1 - 8 ), switch the drop-down box "Touch" (to the right of "Upper Octave") to "On". Then click on "Assign" button right beside. Here you can assign "Touch" to the desired Voices (R1, R2, R3, Left).

Best regards,
Chris

Thanks Chris, now I see! Hehehe
This Murray program makes it a lot easier.

Still, if there was a way for yamaha to fix this in the next firmware it would be great. Because even with the program the work is done one by one. Sorry to insist on this rhetoric, but this is the purpose of this post, requesting that yamaha carry out the repairs, which are possible in the next system update.

Thanks to all for your help!
Enildo

Offline Enildo

« Reply #75 on: April 05, 2020, 10:40:22 PM »
I have discovered another aspect that can be improved to optimize the workflow in the SX900 and it is as follows:
In song playback / recording mode. add the forward or backward function to any part of it, through the data wheel (Dial) it is much more practical, when looking for a specific part a MIDI and / or AUDIO file.
  I hope that Yamaha will consider this request as well as the previous ones for an upcoming fimware update. regards. Hans

Hi Hans!
I found that you can press and hold the forward and backward buttons of Song or Audio play a little, you can use the dial button to fast forward or rewind.
It is even possible to use the Dec and Inc buttons below the Dial.

Enildo

Offline hans1966

« Reply #76 on: April 06, 2020, 03:38:31 AM »
Hello Enildo, what you say is valid for the song playback mode, but if you go to the main page of the song recorder, and try to rewind or fast forward with the dial wheel, this does not work, since it always you must access to the screen and touchin the virtual buttons. This was not the case with S975. Cheers. Hans
« Last Edit: April 06, 2020, 03:45:39 AM by hans1966 »

Offline Enildo

« Reply #77 on: April 06, 2020, 11:36:15 AM »
Hello Enildo, what you say is valid for the song playback mode, but if you go to the main page of the song recorder, and try to rewind or fast forward with the dial wheel, this does not work, since it always you must access to the screen and touchin the virtual buttons. This was not the case with S975. Cheers. Hans

Exact. I discovered this other way and I'm sharing it here.

Greetings,
Enildo

Offline Misu

« Reply #78 on: April 06, 2020, 02:50:24 PM »
Hi,

Short answer is EVERYTHING.
Looking back to T4 - Voice creator; color contrast.
Looking to Genos: Sound (SArt2); key-bed; size of screen...)
Looking to competitor too many function to remember here.
Long space in front to lunch many PSR series with <news>.
The perfect keyboard is made to don't have next generation (so, to die).
At this moment the solidity of case is not in my list.

Regards
Mihai
PSR SX-900; PA 1000; AKX 10

nick G

« Reply #79 on: April 24, 2020, 01:39:43 AM »
Here's my initial thoughts:

1) FAVOURITES: When you allocate a new "favourite" voice or style - as soon as it works you automatically get reset to page 1 of that category... very annoying why cant it just keep you on the current page you were on?

2) PIANO VOICE: I didn't by my PSR SX 900 for the piano voice as I have other keyboards for that BUT they really need to upgrade the expressiveness of the piano voice - the SA Concert Grand is rubbish for current day and age... seriously... it needs more samples in the dynamic velocity range of 0-127.

3) STEP EDITOR (Style and Midi Song): We should be able to do a "select all" instead of having to do "Multi Select" and keep pressing (or hold) the arrow buttons to scroll down and select more than one event.

4) STEP EDITOR (style and Midi Song): We should be able to do a granular "select all" where we can select all of a certain note only for example: I want to select every note that is above the C0 range or only all C0 notes to make edits to them such as volume or velocity... currently you need to manually press each one individually as you scroll down the list of events

5) Drum Edit: any of the drum track channels in a Midi song should be fully editable down to each individual sample being played in the drum track (individual note volume, velocity, reverb, re voicing etc) (without manually scrolling and doing it through the step editor) ... Roland has had this in their style and song "make up tools" for about 20+ years?

6) Another missing feature: Octave shift of the bass note being played when Accomp is on but the style is off (and editability of the bass note - re voicing?) - also being able to leave it on auto hold as well as the pad voice being played that is following your chord progression while the style is off...

7) CUSTOM DRUM KIT CREATOR PLEASE.........................

The PSR SX 900 has "work station" functionality but when compared to level of workstation functionality with other branded boards it doesnt go as deep... the above tweaks would definitely take it right up there...

The following users thanked this post: hans1966

Offline hans1966

« Reply #80 on: April 24, 2020, 02:30:02 AM »
Hi Nick G, good points.  I would add something else to the event editor in the Song Creator, the possibility to Copy Multiple Channels at once (4 or 6 as minimum)  with their corresponding events to a part of a musical arrangement  (Intro, verse or chorus) and Paste them to another part of it. for example, if the Intro is equal to the beginning to the middle, instead of being recorded again part by part, the required parts are simply copied, and pasted at the exact point where it requires it to be pasted. this would save a lot of time. Logically I am talking about own composition and arrangements, which do NOT include the styles and arrangements that are on the keyboard, since if it were that way, the Intro or Varation of the style itself, at a certain point, would be recorded again, but Obviously it is to record again, and not Copy and Paste.  Greetings.  Hans
« Last Edit: April 24, 2020, 02:36:01 AM by hans1966 »

The following users thanked this post: DerekA

Offline Enildo

« Reply #81 on: April 26, 2020, 01:02:20 AM »
Will we ever be able to have this function.
Sometimes we want to hear something off, or rehearse a little in public, and it would be great if we could only hear the keyboard on the headphone and the main outputs (L & R) are disabled.

Enildo

« Last Edit: April 26, 2020, 12:11:59 PM by Enildo »

Offline Ed B

« Reply #82 on: April 26, 2020, 02:09:50 AM »
Hi
See page 128 of the reference manual:
"Determines how the sound is output to the speaker of this instrument.
• Headphone Switch: Speaker sounds normally, but is cut off when headphones are inserted
to the [PHONES] jack.
• On: Speaker sound is always on.
• Off: Speaker sound is off. You can only hear the instrument sound via the headphones or an
external device connected to the AUX OUT jacks."
Regards
Ed
Keep on learning

Offline Enildo

« Reply #83 on: April 26, 2020, 12:21:46 PM »
Hi
See page 128 of the reference manual:
"Determines how the sound is output to the speaker of this instrument.
• Headphone Switch: Speaker sounds normally, but is cut off when headphones are inserted
to the [PHONES] jack.
• On: Speaker sound is always on.
• Off: Speaker sound is off. You can only hear the instrument sound via the headphones or an
external device connected to the AUX OUT jacks."
Regards
Ed

Thanks for the answer ED.
Yes, I know how the "speaker" function on the keyboard works, but I wish we had the option of listening to the instrument only through headphones, and both the keyboard speakers and all the outputs (L&R and Sub) were disabled. When we are at a live show, we sometimes have to hear the speed of a style, the sound or a mix of a voice, a vignette, or do a little rehearsal before playing, and it would be very important that only we heard the instrument and the public is not. Even the keyboard connected to external speakers, the sound could only be heard on the headphones.
I corrected my post to try to improve what I mean.

Enildo

Offline Christopher Fernandes

« Reply #84 on: April 26, 2020, 02:50:36 PM »
2. troubleshoot problems, when changing sound from one variation to another, or from one register to another

If I'm not wrong, I think what you're talking about here is that really bad transition that happens when you quickly change a voice when playing? That's actually something called "Seamless Sound Switching (SSS)" (found on Yamaha's MODX and Montage synthesizers) that lets you change voices seamlessly without any cut-off in envelope or effects.

It's not even there in the $5000 Genos... which for that price is a bit of a shame. :(
Current Instruments: Yamaha PSR-SX900/Epiphone DR100 AG

Gear: Yamaha KS-SW100 Subwoofer

Past Instruments: PSR-E413
Played: All Yamaha PSR-S, KORG PA700

Offline Joe H

« Reply #85 on: April 26, 2020, 08:09:30 PM »
Christopher,

I agree completely.  We have had an issue with many features that were present on the Motif and never implemented on the arranger.  One of the the things that was finally upgraded was the capacity of the on-board sequencer from 400k to 3MB.

From the Montage User Manual:

“Seamless Sound Switching” is a feature that lets you switch Performances smoothly without any notes being cut off. The SSS
feature is available for all Preset Bank Performances in this instrument. However, SSS is available only for the Performance
containing Parts 1 – 8, not for the Performance with using Parts 9– 16

This could easily be implemented on the arranger if there were technical sharing between the synth group and the arranger group at Yamaha.

Joe H
Music is the Universal Language!

My Article: Using Multi Pads in registrations. Download Regs, Styles & MPs:  http://psrtutorial.com/music/articles/dancemusic.html

The following users thanked this post: hans1966

Offline hans1966

« Reply #86 on: April 27, 2020, 03:23:59 AM »
If I'm not wrong, I think what you're talking about here is that really bad transition that happens when you quickly change a voice when playing? That's actually something called "Seamless Sound Switching (SSS)" (found on Yamaha's MODX and Montage synthesizers) that lets you change voices seamlessly without any cut-off in envelope or effects.

It's not even there in the $5000 Genos... which for that price is a bit of a shame. :(

Hi Christopher, yes, that's exactly what I mean. This is quite annoying, especially when played live. Hans

Offline hans1966

« Reply #87 on: April 27, 2020, 03:28:26 AM »
Christopher,

I agree completely.  We have had an issue with many features that were present on the Motif and never implemented on the arranger.  One of the the things that was finally upgraded was the capacity of the on-board sequencer from 400k to 3MB.

From the Montage User Manual:

“Seamless Sound Switching” is a feature that lets you switch Performances smoothly without any notes being cut off. The SSS
feature is available for all Preset Bank Performances in this instrument. However, SSS is available only for the Performance
containing Parts 1 – 8, not for the Performance with using Parts 9– 16

This could easily be implemented on the arranger if there were technical sharing between the synth group and the arranger group at Yamaha.

Joe H

Hi Joe, you are right. it would be interesting if yamaha implements this function in the arrangers line. you have to wait and see. Hans
« Last Edit: April 27, 2020, 03:29:53 AM by hans1966 »

Offline hans1966

« Reply #88 on: April 27, 2020, 04:11:50 AM »
Hi guys, there is something I experience especially when I use a style, (either from the factory or from an expansion) to record a MIDI song, and it is the following: while I'm recording, it sounds great, but when you play the recording you hear cut the notes of some instruments, especially when you have to do a chord progression. when this happens, I go back to record the song several times with the same style, thinking that maybe it is my bad fingering, trying to make the most precise changes, but again I get the same result. As if that were not enough, I have problems when I use the sync / stop function during recording to introduce some cuts. for example: if the measurement is 4/4, and I want to record 4 quarter notes, (synchronized chords) the keyboard only recognizes 2, the rest remain silent. on several occasions I have had to record the cuts one by one on other channels, thus using more channels than necessary, since it should be done directly from the style. honestly this is very annoying as it significantly slows down the workflow. I want to add that this problem comes from the S900, and today with the SX900 it has NOT yet been solved. I hope Yamaha takes note of these bugs and can correct them in an upcoming fimware update. Hans
« Last Edit: April 27, 2020, 04:16:14 AM by hans1966 »

Offline Joe H

« Reply #89 on: April 27, 2020, 07:49:02 PM »
Hans,

What you describe sounds like notes are getting truncated. This happens when you exceed the total polyphony or the reserved number of notes assigned to each channel. I don't know if this info is in the Data List Book. You say this happened on your PSR 900 as well.  I don't recall experiencing this with my S910 or S970.

If others have experienced this then it should be reported to Yamaha.

Joe H
Music is the Universal Language!

My Article: Using Multi Pads in registrations. Download Regs, Styles & MPs:  http://psrtutorial.com/music/articles/dancemusic.html

Offline hans1966

« Reply #90 on: April 28, 2020, 03:18:16 AM »
Hi Joe H, this time I am using a default style and For the right hand I only used a trumpet. I say that I cannot have exceeded the polyphony, since the most used was the style, the trumpet was used only for Intros (Initial, Intermediate) and some answers, since it is a MIDI song, as an accompaniment for a singer, reason why it does not take many instruments, nor melodic guide.
I don't know if this has to do with Mega Voices.
but the problem or error lies in the chord changes, already recorded in Song Creator.
This is not heard when the song is being recorded. is heard when the previously recorded song is played.  hope there is a solution for this.  Hans
« Last Edit: April 28, 2020, 03:25:36 AM by hans1966 »

Offline Enildo

« Reply #91 on: April 30, 2020, 09:43:52 PM »
I'm not liking the new system of seeing letters on the SX900. In the s970 / 75 they had the standard size of 15 lines X 59 characters (one of the options),
which was very good, and the SX900 doesn't have it. In SX, when it’s not too small, it’s too big. Please yamaha, update this.
Other sizes could be created as long as the old ones were preserved.
It is very annoying for users, who make the letters to use in a certain size, having to change everything with each new keyboard model launched.

Enildo

Hello everybody

I am very happy with the improvements in the SX900 Firmware update (v1.04).
One of the problems claimed here, the font size, has been solved. My thanks to yamaha.
I am happy that other problems have also been fixed, such as the indicator lamps (MIDI indicator) on the Mixer display.
I don't want to be ungrateful, but there are still other details to be solved.

A hug to everyone!
Enildo

Offline Enildo

« Reply #92 on: April 30, 2020, 09:46:00 PM »
Hello for all,

What is happening to me, in some situations, is that the indicator lights of the active trails are off, even though there is something playing there.
I have to go out and come back to see them lit again.

Yamaha needs to fix these small bugs.

Enildo

Fixed a problem in which, under a certain situation, the indication lamps (MIDI indicator) on the Mixer display would not work.

Offline Enildo

« Reply #93 on: April 30, 2020, 09:51:26 PM »
Hello everybody!

I have the following problem: I have several drum kits and some kits cannot be seen in Drum Setup. In the s975 all kits were shown normally.
Does anyone have the same problem?
I hope Yamaha solves this!

Enildo

Guys, about this problem, I did a study and realized that the SX900 shows a maximum of 72 drum kits.
If you have more than that, starting at 73, in a row, it will disappear when you use the Drum Setup function.
On my old s975, it was possible to see all the kits.
I hope that yamaha can see if this is a problem to be solved in the next firmware, or if it is a limitation of the SX that we have to load.

Enildo
« Last Edit: April 30, 2020, 09:52:32 PM by Enildo »

shuey

« Reply #94 on: May 11, 2020, 10:52:26 PM »
It wouldve been nice if the turkish pack was compatible, As can be seen in the link it is specificly for the genos and T5.
https://www.yamahamusicsoft.com/premium-packs-and-voices/turkish-genostyros
Unless im missing something and there is a version that is compatible (or if its possible to make it compatible), then even better :)

shuey

« Reply #95 on: May 12, 2020, 12:25:40 AM »
And thats a terrific point you bring up enildo about not being to only use headphones and not out of the L and R outputs. Ive run into that issue at least one time too many. But does anybody know if its possibe to get the turkish pack for the sx900?

Offline overover

« Reply #96 on: May 12, 2020, 05:33:36 PM »
It wouldve been nice if the turkish pack was compatible, As can be seen in the link it is specificly for the genos and T5.
https://www.yamahamusicsoft.com/premium-packs-and-voices/turkish-genostyros
Unless im missing something and there is a version that is compatible (or if its possible to make it compatible), then even better :)

... does anybody know if its possibe to get the turkish pack for the sx900?

Hi shuey,

you can buy the Turkish Pack for PSR-SX900 directly from the original manufacturer "Emomuzik". At the moment this product is even available at a very reasonable price: :)

>>> https://www.emomuzik.com/turkish-pack-psr

There are also some free Turkish Packs, for example on the site >>> https://www.piyanistset.com

https://www.piyanistset.com/yamaha-a3000-turkish-style-pack-free/671/

https://www.piyanistset.com/a3000-ilkay-yerli-turkish-factory-kit-yapimi-ritimler-styles-made-by-factory-kits/922/

https://www.piyanistset.com/yamaha-a-3000-dogus-oriental-super-sound-pack-ppf-buradan-bedava-indir-free-download-here/977/

https://www.piyanistset.com/yamaha-a3000-huseyin-set-ppf-styles-tyros-5-styles-free-download-here-buradan-bedava-indir/205/

Please click on "Yamaha Set" on this website and check the content for A3000, Tyros5, PSR-S970, PSR-S975, PSR-SX900 and Genos. You can use all of these Packs (.ppf format) in your SX900! The only thing is that the SX900 has "only" 1 GB of Expansion Wave Memory, but of course you can combine the Packs in YEM as desired (and deselect some content if needed).

You can also use Tyros3 and Tyros4 Expansion Voices (.uvn / .uvd format), and even Tyros2 Expansion Voices (when converted to .uvn / .uvd format before).

Hope this helps!

Best regards,
Chris
« Last Edit: May 12, 2020, 05:40:45 PM by overover »
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.
➪ Never put the manual too far away: There's more in it than you think! ;-)

shuey

« Reply #97 on: May 12, 2020, 08:25:37 PM »
Thank you!

Mendel

« Reply #98 on: May 13, 2020, 11:36:14 PM »
Do not buy the pack from Emomuzik, they give it to you in .cpf and won’t give you a new cpf
When you get a new keyboard, not even a discount. They have good styles etc.. but not worth
It (besided I personally had bad costumer experience)

Offline Pityus

« Reply #99 on: May 14, 2020, 08:03:44 AM »
How can you find 3/4 beats in a group from the instrument bank?
In my previous instruments, this was possible with the help of MusicDatabase.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2020, 08:04:54 AM by Pityus »