Author Topic: Is it worth upgrading from an s750 to an sx700 ?? Is there a difference in sound  (Read 2454 times)

ezeaudio

Hi, I'm a s750 user, according to your opinion, is it worth upgrading to an sx700? improves the sound besides the screen and harware ?? Thanks a lot

Offline Joe H

The sx700 probably sounds better, has more expansion memory to load more than 1 expansion pack at a time, and a joy-stick instead of 2 wheels.  It's really what you are wanting in a keyboard. If there is a store you can go to and play the sx700 that would be your best bet.

Joe H
Music is the Universal Language!

My Article: Using Multi Pads in registrations. Download Regs, Styles & MPs:  http://psrtutorial.com/music/articles/dancemusic.html

Offline Bernie9

Joe is right,if you can try one.  I have an S970 and SX900 and am happy I made the purchase.  The PSR is a fine keyboard that I have used for performances for several years.  The SX900 sounds more alive with Genos effects,and the speakers are improved.  That,coupled with some great new styles and  good touch screen made it a no brainer for me.  The SX,however, has the new operating system that is an improvement,in most cases,which means a small learning curve.  For the most part,however,you will find it very much like the controls of the PSR.  You can load all of your PSR 770 registrations if you choose,also.

Bernie

Offline DerekA

I think you would see a definite improvement over S750, but you have to try for yourself.
Genos

Offline Enildo

Hi,

Some advantages:

* Greater memory for packs / samples;
* Genos operating system, with several improvements in all internal functions
* Improved keys;
* Improved styles and voices;
* Assignable buttons (where you can assign specific functions according to the user)
* Insertion Efecct function to insert effects in up to 5 parts, of the right hand and song;
* Joystick and Live Control Buttons with new look and new functions.
* Internal loudspeaker sound and improved external sound.

These are some advantages!
Enildo
When word fail, Music speaks!

Pino

Ezeaudio

Are you a beginner or have you been playing an arranger keyboard for many years.

Pino

Yes the sx700 will sound way better. Voices like Megavoice Brass , strings and acoustic drums are all in stereo versions while the s750 they are mono: plus you will have more voices and styles along with being able to layer 3 voices. Also has a touch screen. And there’s a lot of nice features. You can use yem for creating expansion packs. And the overall experience is superb. It’s an awesome keyboard. 🎹

Offline Divemaster

Hi Ezeaudio

I own 2 x SX700's.

They are a really really good keyboard, and I have no intention of upgrading them. I would also highly recommend the SX700.

You'd need to be a very accomplished player to exhaust the possibilities of this keyboard. You can download pretty well anything to it, the touchscreen is a joy to use, and it's a very capable instrument for performing or composing with. It will certainly challenge you to improve your playing.

Of course, there are far more expensive keyboards, and far more keyboards with more features, keyboards that need speakers, keyboards that do everything that all the others don't do.

The choice, of course, is yours and yours alone.
But the SX700 is good.... Very good.

Keith 😁
« Last Edit: March 02, 2024, 03:32:24 PM by Divemaster »
Korg  PA5X
I also play a Yamaha PSR-SX700
I also own a Technics SX-PR900 Digital Ensemble Piano
Lenovo M10 Android tablet with Lekato page turner

The following users thanked this post: Dave Shively

Offline pjd

Yamaha made a big technological jump from the S750/S950 to the SX series. The S750 uses the old tone generator; the SX uses the new and current technology tone generator -- the same generation as Genos.

Not to mention the leap in user interface. I had an S950 and I don't want to go back.

All the best -- pj

Offline Amwilburn

the sx700 is the same sound library as the PSRs970/s975; which is a *huge* leap. To put it in perspective, the s750<s950<s770<s970/s975 = (more or less) to the sx700

Mark