Author Topic: Changing a style in an existing genos midi file  (Read 3272 times)

Offline Heartpeter

Changing a style in an existing genos midi file
« on: February 28, 2020, 11:32:15 PM »
I’m sure there’s a way but I can’t see it....how can I change a whole style in an existing Genos midi song to explore different style backing tracks to a tune....thanks for any help offered....I know how to revoice a style, but can I change the whole thing in one go?

Offline Ed B

Re: Changing a style in an existing genos midi file
« Reply #1 on: February 29, 2020, 02:11:50 AM »
Hi
Midi song file editing is covered in this manual "Midi Song File Editing" which you need to download.
https://usa.yamaha.com/products/musical_instruments/keyboards/arranger_workstations/genos/downloads.html
Regards
Ed B
Keep on learning

Offline panos

« Reply #2 on: February 29, 2020, 06:23:19 AM »
Hi Heartpeter,
here is how it is done on Tyros and PSR S:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uSpu2NV1QoQ

Here is a video from Ckobu using his Genos:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SKMvv2Gz6ng

Offline Heartpeter

« Reply #3 on: February 29, 2020, 02:16:05 PM »
Thank you Ed and Panos very much....

Ed it only shows me how to adjust/edit the existing tracks....but not how to change a whole style.....on older Yamaha models over the years you could play a midi track back and just change the style in real time as you listened to it.....that’s what I’m trying to do

Panos...thanks....the Tyros 4 example I can’t translate for the Genos....it looks simple in the video but starting the midi track and then selecting a new style doesn’t change the style.....and the Genos example was hard to follow, I couldn’t quite make out if the style was changing, and when I tried to copy what he did I couldn’t get the change of style in real time to my midi file.....but thanks very much for trying to find me something....

Offline panos

« Reply #4 on: February 29, 2020, 02:34:32 PM »
Ok Peter,
let's try this and maybe it could work on the Genos :)

Select a midi song.
Select a style.

Press play for the midi song(now you are listening to the midi as originally is )
Now press the START/STOP button we use to trigger a style to play.

You should be able to listen to the style parts now playing along with the midi.
You can change to a new style if you wish without stopping the midi from playing until you find one that you like.
« Last Edit: February 29, 2020, 02:35:55 PM by panos »

Offline Heartpeter

« Reply #5 on: February 29, 2020, 03:29:23 PM »
Hi Panos
Just tried it and hey presto it worked....you are a genius......very much appreciated!

Offline bassgolf

« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2023, 06:35:10 AM »
Hello Panos,

Thanks for your answer re:changing styles for a midi song file. How can one save that new style for that existing midi file? It never works for me. I use a Tyros 5.

Bassgolf
« Last Edit: November 30, 2023, 06:36:43 AM by bassgolf »
Bassgolf

Tyros5/76
Sibelius 6
Mac Os