Author Topic: Genos audio player  (Read 1048 times)

Offline raywil77

Genos audio player
« on: December 03, 2023, 09:38:35 PM »
I thought they said genos played karaoke files, which are mp3+g, I downloaded a karaoke file from karaoke version, onto my dongle but doesent show up on the genos screen  scratching my head on this one lol

Offline overover

Re: Genos audio player
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2023, 09:47:57 PM »
Hi raywil77,

Are you sure there are Lyrics embedded in this MP3 file? As far as I know, this is NOT the case with the files available on the karaoke-version site.

Please also see this thread (what I wrote there also applies to Genos2):
>>> https://www.psrtutorial.com/forum/index.php/topic,67759.msg511444.html#msg511444

Best regards,
Chris
« Last Edit: December 03, 2023, 09:52:23 PM by overover »
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.
➪ Never put the manual too far away: There's more in it than you think! ;-)

Offline Des O

« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2023, 09:50:58 PM »
It needs to be karaoke midi file. It will only play audio in the audio player, karaoke midi will play all in midi player.

Offline raywil77

« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2023, 03:32:22 PM »
i think they call them cd+g file or mp3+g  file

Offline Des O

« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2023, 03:47:55 PM »
Karaoke Vesion don't do Karaoke midi files, they do CD+G and mp3 mixer files only, I have a few of them to make audio pads, I wish they did.
I have thousands of cd+g Karaoke file and they will not play on the Genos, only the audio mp3 file. You need the Karaoke midi file to play full Karaoke, from the likes of Song Galaxy etc, but they are expensive each.

Offline raywil77

« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2023, 08:32:46 PM »
The ones I have got that do play on the genos audio player, are called mp3+cdg from karaoke version

Offline overover

« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2023, 12:35:52 AM »
The ones I have got that do play on the genos audio player, are called mp3+cdg from karaoke version

Hi raywil77,

Do you only have an MP3 file for each song, or do you also have the corresponding CDG file?

If you also have CDG files, please make sure that the names of both files for each song are identical (except for the file extensions MP3 and CDG) and save the files in the same folder on a USB stick. Then Genos should display the lyrics contained in the respective CDG file when playing the MP3 files.

I have already linked the various options supported by Genos regarding the lyrics display when playing MP3 files above. Here is this link again:
>>> https://www.psrtutorial.com/forum/index.php/topic,67759.msg511444.html#msg511444

Best regards,
Chris
« Last Edit: December 06, 2023, 12:37:09 AM by overover »
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.
➪ Never put the manual too far away: There's more in it than you think! ;-)