Author Topic: Recording from iPad  (Read 561 times)

Offline raywil77

Recording from iPad
« on: November 26, 2023, 01:28:01 PM »
hi all hoping you are all enjoying the new genos as well as the old one,
quick question can i record on genos 1 something directly from my ipad on the recorder
thanks ray

Edit: Topic title modified by overover
« Last Edit: November 26, 2023, 01:38:53 PM by overover »

Offline overover

Re: Recording from iPad
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2023, 01:51:00 AM »
... can i record on genos 1 something directly from my ipad on the recorder
thanks ray

Hi Ray,

Are you talking about MIDI Recording or AUDIO Recording?

Best regards,
Chris
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.
➪ Never put the manual too far away: There's more in it than you think! ;-)

Offline raywil77

« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2023, 12:17:25 PM »
audio chris

Offline overover

« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2023, 01:47:32 PM »
Hi Ray,

Genos1 does not have a built-in USB Audio interface or Bluetooth Audio input. I see following options to record audio from iPad using Genos(1) Audio Recorder:

1. Connect the headphone output of the iPad to the AUX IN jacks of the Genos. You can control the input volume on the iPad and/or with the AUX IN volume control in the Genos Mixer ("Panel 2" page).

2. Connect the iPad to the Genos via WiFi (= WLAN), either directly (Access Point mode on the Genos) or via your local router (Infrastructure Mode on the Genos). You can control the input volume on the iPad and/or with the WLAN volume control in the Genos Mixer ("Panel 2" page).

3. If you have an external audio interface for the iPad (connected to the iPad via USB or Lightning cable), connect the analog outputs (left/right) of this audio interface to the AUX IN jacks of the Genos.

In all cases described, use unbalanced cables (6.3 mm mono TS plugs on the Genos AUX IN jacks).

Hope this helps!

Best regards,
Chris
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.
➪ Never put the manual too far away: There's more in it than you think! ;-)

The following users thanked this post: Peppexpo