Author Topic: Memory banks. How to use them  (Read 3537 times)

Rolf Lindell

Memory banks. How to use them
« on: February 26, 2020, 08:16:54 AM »
I have a PSR S770 (wonderful keyboard). I have used up all 8 buttons for memory. I want to save those as a memorybank and then be
able to save 8 more. I have one button marked (memory) and two separate buttons labeld "+" and "-".

I have tried to understand the manual but I am doing something wrong. I do know that I have an old bank called "AAA" somewhere but I cant reach it.
Please help me

Offline Graham UK

Re: Memory banks. How to use them
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2020, 09:22:45 AM »
Rolf Lindell.  There are many video's on youtube about Yamaha Registration Settings...Here's just on example for you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XZFxBbxoyt4&t=252s
DGX670

Rolf Lindell

« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2020, 12:24:53 PM »
Thank you. Looks like a lot of people have the same problem as I have. Hope it works the same way on my
PSR S770.  Have to try it when I get home.  I do recognize the buttons

Offline Fred Smith

« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2020, 12:32:46 PM »
You can also check the lessons on this site. There are lots of rsoced for those interested in learning about registrations.

https://www.psrtutorial.com/lessons/playing/regist/index.html

Cheers,
Fred
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ
Genos, Bose L1 compacts, Finale 2015
Check out my Registration Lessons

Rolf Lindell

« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2020, 08:31:07 AM »
Thanks for all your help. Those video on the net where helpful. Now everyting is working. I can make new registrationbanks and call them back up as I please.
But what happen with my old registrationsbank. They seem to be lost for ever, (I am thinking of previos saved banks)
« Last Edit: February 27, 2020, 08:33:15 AM by Rolf Lindell »

Offline Fred Smith

« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2020, 11:14:26 AM »
Thanks for all your help. Those video on the net where helpful. Now everyting is working. I can make new registrationbanks and call them back up as I please.
But what happen with my old registrationsbank. They seem to be lost for ever, (I am thinking of previos saved banks)

If you actually saved them, they are still there, unless you saved over them.

If they’re on a USB stick, take it to your computer and search for *.rgt files. If they’re on the User drive, you’ll need to search manually.

Cheers,
Fred
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ

Offline Graham UK

« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2020, 12:56:11 PM »
Rolf Lindell. You must remember to SAVE As NEW NAME each time you make a new bank. 
Example 1 RGT RL...2RGT RL...3 RGT RL

It's a slow learning curve but enjoy the journey.
DGX670

Rolf Lindell

« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2020, 02:39:06 PM »
I know I have to use a specified name. In this case i used AAA so that file always was 1:st in line.
Now its just gone. 2 Days ago it was in plays. I normally never use registrationsbank but I have rethink the
issue

Offline Fred Smith

« Reply #8 on: February 27, 2020, 03:04:44 PM »
I know I have to use a specified name. In this case i used AAA so that file always was 1:st in line.
Now its just gone. 2 Days ago it was in plays. I normally never use registrationsbank but I have rethink the
issue

It doesn’t go unless you specifically delete it.

It could be in another folder. Or it could be you’re not looking for it properly.

Cheers,
Fred
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ

Rolf Lindell

« Reply #9 on: March 02, 2020, 09:32:25 AM »
I have found my old registrations. They where on a USB drive that Always is connected. Don't know how it got there. Must be a misstake
from me somehow.