Author Topic: OTS voices how to use them?  (Read 3058 times)

Offline Dnj

OTS voices how to use them?
« on: February 25, 2020, 07:24:17 PM »
On the DGX660 voice list under #000 - OTS

How do I assign OTS voices to a style, or save them in some way....
does anyone know?

looking in the manual is fruitless at this point.. ???

please help

thanx

The following users thanked this post: jwyvern

Offline DerekA

Re: OTS voices how to use them?
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2020, 07:43:07 PM »
If you're talking about the preset styles, you cannot change the voices assigned to the OTS.

For styles loaded from USB, you can only change the OTS before you load the style onto the DGX.

Offline Dnj

« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2020, 08:01:53 PM »
Derek thank you for your reply ...... so your saying there is no way to have some kind of FAVORITES voice buttons or bank to choose from and would have to rely on remembering the voice patch numbers and  hit the corresponding  voice bank number to play that voice while your playing a song?

SeaGtGruff

« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2020, 10:41:51 PM »
I have no experience with the DGX models, but on the PSR-E models there is no way I know of to save your own OTS voices and settings for a song file or style file, nor can you edit the OTS settings for the preset songs and styles.

Offline vbdx66

« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2020, 10:43:38 PM »
Hi Dnj,

On the DGX, the OTS voices are fixed. For each internal style, voice 000 is the OTS voice.

There are two drawbacks : 1) external styles don't have an OTS voice on the DGX650/660.
2) It is not possible to modify the OTS voices for the internal styles.

The workaround is to use registration memories. Once you've chosen a style either internal or external, choose the voice you want to use with it, then all the other settings (tempo, effects etc.) and save everything in a registration memory slot. When you want to use these settings, simply recall that registration.

Since there is no way to label these registrations in the keyboard itself, it is best to write down the bank number and the slot number as well as the name of the song for which the settings are made.

Regards,

Vinciane
Past keyboards: PSR E313, PSR E413, PSR E433, PSR S550, DGX 640, upright piano.
Now: DGX 650, Casio CT-X800.

Offline Dnj

« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2020, 01:44:11 AM »
Vinciane................Ok Now I am understanding what  the OTS feature is all about.....thought I was going nuts as i have been playing Yamaha arrangers for so many years....now I see the drawbacks and workarounds needed using the REG setups which are always useful..

Thanx again

Offline DerekA

« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2020, 01:16:29 PM »
Yes, the OTS feature is much more useful on the PSR upward models, because you can have 4 settings saved along with the style, and can save a copy of the style with your own settings.

It's a kind of simplified registration for voices only, that's carried around with the style.