Author Topic: Loop recording PSR EW410  (Read 4322 times)

webz

Loop recording PSR EW410
« on: February 20, 2020, 11:36:03 AM »
Hi, I know this topic of loop recording on Yamaha devices is a known topic but by browsing this forum and other ones, I never found answer to my questions.

I own an EW410 for a month now and I have been trying to use the song recording feature. What I would like to do is record a small loop section so that it plays endlessly. I thought that there would be a loop function working like a loop pedal : you record your first notes and it defines the length of the loop and then you can record other notes or instruments without the loop section getting longer (if that makes sense).
On the EW410, it is very difficult to pause the recording at the exact good timing for inch instruments on tracks 1, 2, 3 etc..
And even when I finally make it right, I use the function "Repeat A" so that it loops but there is a little break (like 0.2 secs) everytime the song loops which is very annoying.

Maybe I am doing it wrong or maybe it is just not possible to do what I want and I should just use my loop pedal but anyway if anyone here has answers that would be great.

I hope this post makes sense, it is a difficult problem to explain by writing especially because English is not my native language.

Thanks in advance !

Offline SciNote

Re: Loop recording PSR EW410
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2020, 10:30:25 AM »
This topic came up a few years ago, and unfortunately, as far as we could tell, there is no way to do a loop recording/playback on these keyboards.  Yes, the PSR-EW410 didn't exist back when this topic originally came up, but I am not aware of any new features added on the newer PSR-E-series keyboards that would allow this.  Like you have discovered, the one feature that would've seemed to allow a looped playback (the A-B playback) inserts a delay between loop iterations.

If anyone out there is discovered something that we've missed before, I'd love to hear about it.  But otherwise, I would guess that the only way to get any kind of usable loop recording and playback would be to use a digital audio workstation on a computer.
Bob
Current: Yamaha PSR-E433 (x2), Roland GAIA SH-01, Casio CDP-200R, Casio MT-68 (wired to bass pedals)
Past: Yamaha PSR-520, PSR-510, PSR-500, DX-7, D-80 home organ, and a few Casios

Offline Dnj

« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2020, 09:41:31 PM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jndS-u4Kyzs&t=633s

This video demo might help you regarding looping with the EW410 check it out..

Offline SciNote

« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2020, 02:54:23 AM »
I checked out that link, and from where it starts -- about 10 minutes into the video -- that is not loop recording.  All that's going on there is that the keyboardist started a background style, which went through its preprogrammed intro section, then on to one of its main repeating sections, while the keyboardist played a melody on the right side of the keyboard.  The style is a kind of loop, but it is a prerecorded loop -- not something that you can change or add to on the fly.

What I think the original poster was looking for is the ability to have a looping section of music that repeatedly adds whatever you are playing into the loop, making it sound more and more complex, up to the limit of the keyboard's polyphony, and as far as I know, the PSR-EW410 does not have that capability.  In this video, nothing that the keyboardist was actually playing was being added into the looping background instrumentation.
Bob
Current: Yamaha PSR-E433 (x2), Roland GAIA SH-01, Casio CDP-200R, Casio MT-68 (wired to bass pedals)
Past: Yamaha PSR-520, PSR-510, PSR-500, DX-7, D-80 home organ, and a few Casios

« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2020, 11:58:28 AM »
I had the same question, but regarding the PSR-S670. There was a lot of discussion about the issue, maybe due to language barriers ;) Anyway, the result was that it's simply not possible to run a short MIDI sequence as a seamless loop. To do this, you need a higher class keyboard like the PSR-SX700.

https://www.psrtutorial.com/forum/index.php/topic,47450.0.html