Author Topic: SX700 and SX900 Patchname scripts for Cubase  (Read 606 times)

Offline daleSP

SX700 and SX900 Patchname scripts for Cubase
« on: February 19, 2020, 08:02:34 AM »
Hi ... Usually Cubase provides instrument definition files (known as patchname scripts in Cubase) for the Yamaha keyboards as part of maintenance updates to the Cubase DAW.

However if you are not on the latest version/release/maintenance level of Cubase, you may not find a patchname script for the SX700/SX900.

I don't have the latest version/release of Cubase so I do not have a Cubase supplied patchname script for the SX900.
However, I was able to create my own patchname script for the SX900 (and the SX700) based on the data used to create the Cakewalk instrument definition files which I posted a few days ago.

Note: These files are .Txt files for the patchname script files and not .XML files for Midi Device profile files.

So if you are a Cubase user and interested in these files, here they are .... https://1drv.ms/u/s!AsbwHbSQggqBlSzqW8NidglWJKZ8?e=ZYnAz7
(This link will be deactivated at the end of March 2020)

Just unzip and copy the appropriate file to the following folder on your computer: C:\Users\<your name>\AppData\Roaming\Steinberg\<your Cubase verion>\Scripts\Patchnames\inactive\yamaha

Restart Cubase and they should show up in your Studio -> More Options -> Midi Device Manager device list as Yamaha SX900-DSP

Enjoy !

Dale
Dale

The following users thanked this post: Marty, ton37

Offline ton37

Re: SX700 and SX900 Patchname scripts for Cubase
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2020, 10:38:19 AM »
Thank you very much @Dale for this patch. You made my day! I have been trying to figure out how to do it for some time, but my computer knowledge is insufficient for this dummy. So I was dependent on Yamaha to serve us well.  Now Yamaha should be happy with you, otherwise I will! ;)

I'v installed it as you described and it worked well! (CB10 pro/win10)
« Last Edit: February 19, 2020, 10:40:02 AM by ton37 »
My best regards,
Ton
---------------------------
Former KB:Technics Kn7000, Tyros 5/76, Genos, S770, S975.

Offline daleSP

Re: SX700 and SX900 Patchname scripts for Cubase
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2020, 04:21:47 AM »
Hi ... I have updated the Cubase patchname files to define GM&XG and GM2 voices found on the keyboards.

The updated files are in the same link as above.

Dale
Dale

The following users thanked this post: ton37