Author Topic: Focal CMS 50  (Read 4787 times)

Mango

Focal CMS 50
« on: February 17, 2020, 04:51:56 PM »
Hi,
I have a question about Speakers
I have genos speaker set that comes with my keyboard but I also have two Focal CMS 50.
I have set them up and they sounds OK i Think, but do I need s sub also.
I miss some "bomp" down there, so I have look at Adam Sub 8.
I have my genos in a small room, do you Think Adam Sub 8 be to much?

Geetings from Sweden
Leif

Offline Graham UK

Re: Focal CMS 50
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2020, 05:10:06 PM »
just for Info: Sub-Bass units produce a nicer cleaner low end if placed a few inches of the floor (12") and away from corners.
DGX670

Offline Rick D.

« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2020, 07:38:38 PM »
Leif,

You have a sub woofer with the set of Genos speakers. Why would you need another one? You can have both the Genos speakers and the CMS 50's on at the same time. I do this with my Genos speakers and two Bose L1 Compacts. I have the L1's behind me and the Genos speakers are on the keyboard as they should be.
Just plug your CMS 50's into the output jacks  L+R on the back of the keyboard.

Graham is absolutely right on sub woofer placement. Too close to a wall and they will blow you out of the room!

Rick D.

Mango

« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2020, 01:14:07 PM »
Thanks for your tips Graham and Rick!

But I want to connect a "real" subwoofer to Genos.

Can I use the Subwoofer out from Genos with a special Cable
Or must I use main out left&right from genos to subwoofer and than from subwoofer to satelite speakers.
My English are bad, sorry, hope you can understand me.

Leif

Offline Rick D.

« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2020, 04:10:50 PM »
Leif,

That's a good question. Hopefully someone here can answer that one for you.  I can tell you this though, The Bose L1 Compact have enough bass to blow the windows out of my house. Especially if they are against a wall. Have you adjusted your EQ to possibly get the bass you want out of the Genos Speaker system? I'm sure you could get is satisfactory with some low end adjustments. Also make sure the volume on the rear of the Genos sub woofer is turned up to max position. Start out with the front knob and your main keyboard volume at  midrange so you don't ruin anything, and adjust from there.

Rick D.

Mango

« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2020, 05:20:20 PM »
Hi again!
I have ordered a Genelec 7040 APM Subwoofer from Thomann in Germany.
I hope I have done right or else I can allways return it.
price is 6300 SKR or 499 Pound

I report here when i have try install it

Leif

« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2020, 09:41:05 PM »
I have a question about Speakers
I have genos speaker set that comes with my keyboard but I also have two Focal CMS 50.

Hello Leif,

I've tried MANY speaker combos trying to find the best and most satisfying sound out of my Genos.

Along the way, I brought my Focal CMS 65's out of the studio and hooked them up. As you know, these are high-grade monitor speakers. And yet, I still couldn't get the sound I knew the Genos was capable of, even with a sub.

In the end, and thanks to another member here, I ended up with the LD Systems Maui 5 (two for stereo).

Within five minutes of playing through these, I knew I'd finally found what I was looking for. They're great here at home and awesome in front of a crowd.

They are similar to the Bose systems you've heard about here, but about 1/3 to 1/2 as much of an investment.

Just my two cents for a fellow sound searcher who also owns a pair of nice Focals. :)
Check Out My YouTube Channel! https://goo.gl/edbXFS