Author Topic: Registration files  (Read 5247 times)

Hammond Yamaha

Registration files
« on: February 16, 2020, 04:13:34 AM »
n my Tyros 4, I created a file to hold 8 different song set up files.  So each registration file contained 8 songs.
when I wanted to create another  registration file, I would rename a main registration file say MTP 1 and rename it to MTP2
(music to play) 
Then I would open MPT 2 which contained all the songs in MTP1 son when I wanted to create another song set up, I would call up
song one of 8 in the main MPT2  set up a new style file, voices, and all other panel settings etc.
Then I would save that file in Registration MTP 2 under its new name and save it to MTP2.

What am I missing in the Genos as when I try and save a song name in the main file, it is saved as the Bank Name and the song is
nowhere in the MTP2 file under its own name but when I find the song name in the main screen of the Genos, which is now a registration bank, and I chose bank 1, it will play there.

this is confusing,  I have read the owners manual and that is more confusing.

What I want to do is create a registration file that will contain (in the case of the Genos) 10 registration setup files with different song titles.

Can someone try and bail me out on this one?

Thank you,

Frank

Offline Graham UK

Re: Registration files
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2020, 08:43:47 AM »
On my T5 when I have completed the 8 RGT's and saved name.

I then start with a complete BLANK RGT's  This make it easier to start clean each time.

Suggest you make and save 10 blank RGT's and save name BLANK, so this can be loaded before making new Bank RGT's
« Last Edit: February 16, 2020, 08:46:07 AM by Graham UK »
DGX670

Offline vanzee

« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2020, 08:48:54 AM »
Suggestion:
use one total bank per song instead of several songs in in one bank
and give this bank the name of the song.
It's much more convenient to find the songs.
Best Regards
Eddy Vanzee

Hammond Yamaha

« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2020, 04:54:24 PM »
Here is another explanation and how I have the Tyros 4 set up.
I create a main registration file and within that file I want to set up 10 sub folders/files to contain 10 different song registrations for 10 songs. When I call up registration one, there will be 10 files in that file that I can pick a particular song from.  It works on the Tyros 4 like this.
Frank

Offline DerekA

« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2020, 08:15:58 PM »
It's a bit tricky to help you here, because Genos works in exactly the same way as tyros, each registration bank has a name, and each of the 10 slots in the bank also has its own name.

Saving the bank to gives it a name, use the registration edit menu to name each of the 10 slots. Remember to save the bank after naming the slots.

When you select a registration file, each of the 10 slots is available. Press direct then any of the 10 buttons to see the list if slots and current names.

Offline panos

« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2020, 11:10:32 PM »
Hi Frank,
also take a look at the video below.

He has created a Registration Bank that he named "My Song"
and a Registration Memory 1(button 1) that he named "Chorus".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dtZWhhpsA4A

Hammond Yamaha

« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2020, 01:06:05 AM »
I now have it up and running.  The saving process is a little different then in the Tyros
Thank you so much for your replies.

Frank

Offline Duffy

« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2020, 06:39:45 PM »
It's a bit tricky to help you here, because Genos works in exactly the same way as tyros, each registration bank has a name, and each of the 10 slots in the bank also has its own name.

Saving the bank to gives it a name, use the registration edit menu to name each of the 10 slots. Remember to save the bank after naming the slots.

When you select a registration file, each of the 10 slots is available. Press direct then any of the 10 buttons to see the list if slots and current names.

I have created a REG file for One song and named all the ten slots according to the instruments used - Piano + Strings or Soprano Sax etc. as I cannot remember which sound is in each slot.
Tried to assign a button (Demo) to quickly take me straight to Registration EDIT page with one button press to read my instrument list,  but can't manage to achieve this as it's not in the assign list.
Pressing the Direct button is a help but the registration menu EDit button is far clearer and easier to read for me.   Is this possible with one button press?

Offline tyrosaurus

« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2020, 07:09:54 PM »
Hi Duffy,

On Genos, although you can't assign 'Regist Bank Edit' to a 'Home Shortcut', you can assign it to an assignable button.  The function is found on page 7 of the 'Shortcut' category.

If you would rather use your assignable buttons for more useful functions, and your finger is up to the stress of pressing two buttons instead of one, you can also open 'Regist Bank Edit' by pressing Direct Access then either Regist Bank + or -.  ;)

Regards

Ian

The following users thanked this post: JohnStarbuck

Offline Duffy

« Reply #9 on: February 19, 2020, 12:12:32 PM »
Many thanks Ian,
I have struggled for ages trying to achieve this and failed.
Consequently I spoiled almost every song by getting a different voice from the one I wanted when I pressed a REG button.
Your tip will make such a difference to my playing now and is so much appreciated.

The following users thanked this post: daleSP