Author Topic: Extract only voices files (.vce, swv etc) from expansions and Genos presets.  (Read 3586 times)

Offline MusicMan

Is is possible to extract voice files from expansion packs in a batch operation?

I don't want to extract the wave or audio files, I only want the voice files (org, vce, liv, swv, clv, mgv, sar, sa2, ldr, drm, swv, nlv, mgv, sfx, lsf, env, cvn/d, cwn/d, uvn/d/i, tvn/d/i, vv1, cv1, vli, t2e). I have the expansions that contain voices already installed. I just want to copy the voices over to my user area and the only way I know to do this is one at a time. I'm hoping for a batch solution.

The reasons I want to do this are:
• When browsing voices in Expansions, I have to look inside each expansion folder. Some contain no voices. If I extract voice files to my USB 1, I can only store the expansions that contain voices, saving browsing time.

• Many expansions don't list voices in alphabetically order. Storing extracted voice files will store them alphabetically.

• I can reorganize them any way I want into category folder.

• Edited voices can be stored in the same location as the original saving the step of browsing from the expansion area to the user area when saving edited voices.

Thanks for any any help.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2020, 09:06:21 AM by MusicMan »

Offline Bill

Your best option is to use

1.  MusicSoft manager on your IPAD,
2.  MusicSoft Downloader on a Windows PC

3.  You could also try the direct "Storage Mode' connection between the KB and PC.  (it should work ok, however it is not a method I use.)

Regards

Bill
England

Current KB:  YAMAHA GENOS 2

The following users thanked this post: MusicMan

Offline MusicMan

Your best option is to use

1.  MusicSoft manager on your IPAD,
2.  MusicSoft Downloader on a Windows PC

3.  You could also try the direct "Storage Mode' connection between the KB and PC.  (it should work ok, however it is not a method I use.)

Regards

Bill

USB Storage mode worked perfectly.

Thank You

Offline Misu

If I remember well, even you have in one expansion pack a custom (made with waves) voice you can modify on board (or not) and save (with the new parameters), on User memory or USB, when you look on the computer that voice have extension VCE, like internal voice.
Unfortunately for SX-900, at least, YEM doesn't recognize this <new> voice VCE. I tried to use to obtain desired sound for my custom voices.
I don't know what happen with that voice when that pack is not loaded on keyboard or have another LSB
Regards
Mihai
PSR SX-900; PA 1000; AKX 10