Author Topic: Is SongBook Pro and SongBook+ the same?  (Read 10984 times)

Offline JanCK

Is SongBook Pro and SongBook+ the same?
« on: February 24, 2020, 08:05:29 PM »
I just got a new iPad for using SongBook. With no experience in this, I see that on this forum people are using SongBook+.  As I went to download that, I find that there is also a SongBook Pro.  Which one are people here using?  Is there much of a difference?  I can't tell, except the SBPro is only $5.99 and SB+ has a monthly/yearly/forever price.  I will be using this for my hundreds of lead sheets and some full piano
 scores.

Offline Fred Smith

Re: Is SongBook Pro and SongBook+ the same?
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2020, 08:18:08 PM »
I just got a new iPad for using SongBook. With no experience in this, I see that on this forum people are using SongBook+.  As I went to download that, I find that there is also a SongBook Pro.  Which one are people here using?  Is there much of a difference?  I can't tell, except the SBPro is only $5.99 and SB+ has a monthly/yearly/forever price.  I will be using this for my hundreds of lead sheets and some full piano
 scores.

They’re not the same. It needs to be Songbook by Baum software.

Cheers,
Fred
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ
Genos, Bose L1 compacts, Finale 2015
Check out my Registration Lessons

Offline JanCK

« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2020, 08:24:37 PM »
Thanks, Fred!

Online Rick D.

« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2020, 10:58:33 PM »
JanCK

As Fred stated Songbook+ is the one you want.
On Fred's recommendation years ago I got it, I paid for it upfront, with a one time fee. It works great, is simple to set up, and like you I have hundreds of registrations with 1800 songs in mine.
You won't be sorry!
This might help you get setup.
https://www.baum-software.ch/downloads/OtherManuals/Manual_Yamaha_Genos_SongBook.pdf

Rick D.

Offline JanCK

« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2020, 11:58:01 PM »
Thanks, Rick! 

I'm a little concerned because I don't fully understand a recent and long conversation on the forum about iTunes going away, and not being supported in the future.  I"m thinking of avoiding iTunes -- so I'll probably want to scan lead sheets on my Canon printer, save them to my Apple computer (where many already are), and then download them into iPad/SongBook+ from there.  Does this sound like an okay plan?  Any good YouTube instructions on this, or other non-YouTube instructions?

Also, it sounds like I need a USB Apple camera adapter to connect the iPad to the Genos.  Is that correct?  (I know I could do it by WiFi, but I want to be able to do both.)

Thanks, Jana

Online Rick D.

« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2020, 02:04:26 AM »
JanCK,

You can get your sheet music into Songbook+ many different ways. You can set up a Dropbox account and upload your PDF’s or JPG’s from your computer there, then you can import from there directly into Songbook+. There are several other ways to get music into Songbook+ including mail and any other programs that support the “Open With” feature.
You can read more about it in the manual.
Here is the link.
http://www.baum-software.ch/downloads/SongBookManuals/UserManual-SongBook_3_1_rev1_EN.pdf

I use the WiFi method with no midi adapters and it works fine for me. The only suggestion is to use your own network at your house and not the Genos network. This does take a little configuring, but it is doable. If you want to wire it, you will need an Apple Lightning to USB Camera Adapter, that cost $23.99.
The link I posted in the last post will give you instructions on how to do this.
Fred has a video here.
https://youtu.be/O5cPMU_H28M

Good luck,

Rick D.

The following users thanked this post: Patt22

Offline JanCK

« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2020, 04:16:20 PM »
Thanks very much, Rick D., For the links and suggestions.  Will be getting started in earnest in the coming days.