Author Topic: Genos Indexing  (Read 4283 times)

Offline dh110953

Genos Indexing
« on: February 15, 2020, 03:01:21 PM »
Does anybody know how to re-index the files e.g. Styles on the Genos.

I have downloaded some files to USB which I then try on the Genos my plugging into external USB socket. If I like style I then copy it to user area or my internal USB but then when I try and use it it is looking for the style on the external USB still which I have removed. Or it lust it but comes up with data error as the drive is not present. I can see the Genos does index but not sure how to manually perform a re-index.

Hope this makes sense.

Cheers

David
Now have a CVP 809 as my wife plays Piano but not Keyboard - I had to PX a Genos to buy it, Also have an SX700 - I did previously own a Tyros.

Offline Fred Smith

Re: Genos Indexing
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2020, 03:14:07 PM »
I haven't found a way to do it manually. I just let it sit with the power on. It should take only about 15 minutes to update the index.

Cheers,
Fred
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ
Genos, Bose L1 compacts, Finale 2015
Check out my Registration Lessons

Offline DerekA

« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2020, 03:38:51 PM »
when I try and use it it is looking for the style on the external USB still

What do you mean 'when you try and use it' ? Have you saved it into a registration? If so then you need to create the registration using the copy loaded from user, i.e. after you've moved it off the USB.

The system can't automatically reconnect files that you moved manually from one place to another.
Genos

The following users thanked this post: dh110953

Offline Fred Smith

« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2020, 09:43:39 PM »
What do you mean 'when you try and use it' ? Have you saved it into a registration? If so then you need to create the registration using the copy loaded from user, i.e. after you've moved it off the USB.

The system can't automatically reconnect files that you moved manually from one place to another.

Or, rather than "create the registration using the copy", just modify the existing registration to tell it where you moved the style.

Cheers,
Fred
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ
Genos, Bose L1 compacts, Finale 2015
Check out my Registration Lessons

Offline dh110953

« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2020, 09:16:11 AM »
Thanks Fred and Derek.

This is not an issue with registrations. The issue is that I have downloaded some Styles to my laptop that I then put onto a USB stick. When I try the style to make sure it’s what I want I then copy the Style to a Style directory in the user area of the  ( I have created a directory structure in User area). I then use the style from there. However, the Genos still wants to look for the Style on the original USB this is confirmed by the location noted at the bottom of the screen, off course, there is no USB inserted so it comes back with a data error. The Genos does occasional display reindexed x minutes ago what I was hoping to do was to reindeer manually so that once I remove the USB it make any changes to the directory structure in the User area the changes are then updated. It is also the same issue with Midi files.

If indexing is automatic as Fred you say, and that is the only way, then I guess I have to just sit and wait it out.

Cheers David
Now have a CVP 809 as my wife plays Piano but not Keyboard - I had to PX a Genos to buy it, Also have an SX700 - I did previously own a Tyros.