Author Topic: Parts for the aging T4, & used T4  (Read 2169 times)

Offline sugarplumsss

Parts for the aging T4, & used T4
« on: February 14, 2020, 04:02:13 PM »
I am not sure all parts for T4 are still available.
I am interested in protection from forced retirement of the T4, just because I did not have the forethought to buy an extra T4.

Anyone with experience wishing to share their experience, would be appreciated    eg cost of used T4,  non functioning T4 for parts, etc.
I use T4 as a drum machine. Playing my own acmp and bass. MIDI songs are my latest interest. If anyone wishes to share knowledge on MIDI songs let me know.

musicalmemoriesuk

Re: Parts for the aging T4, & used T4
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2020, 07:46:37 PM »
I had to have a couple of the circuit boards replaced on my Tyros 4 , the left hand board for the styles and one on the display. Came to nearly £400. Thankfully it’s working again.

Offline sugarplumsss

« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2020, 06:26:43 AM »
I had HD replaced and a whole section replaced... I forgot what it is called, but it costed $250 plus labor.
I am getting fairly dependent on this T4... I cannot afford the Genos... so used T4 for parts, is becoming more an issue.
Thanks
I use T4 as a drum machine. Playing my own acmp and bass. MIDI songs are my latest interest. If anyone wishes to share knowledge on MIDI songs let me know.

musicalmemoriesuk

« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2020, 11:28:20 AM »
I have no need to upgrade to a Genos, yes it’s a price hike also. I think the Tyros 4 is a great keyboard, like any arranger sitting down and actually to know the ins and outs, how you can edit things. Reworking registrations. Sometimes you find something that you didn’t know before. It’s like combinations of sounds, trying to think out of the box combining sounds that you wouldn’t think would work.