Author Topic: Reinstalling YEM Packs  (Read 2460 times)

Offline larrygreen1

Reinstalling YEM Packs
« on: February 12, 2020, 09:13:59 AM »
Hi all.Does anyone know if you can reinstall self made packs (not bought ones) from the T5 back into YEM please.I have accidently deleted some voices from my packs on my computer in YEM.I have the packs as they were still in my T5 in the hard drive  but I now need to reload them back into the Expansion Manager on my computer as they were.Any help would be appreciated.Thanks.

Offline larrygreen1

Re: Reinstalling YEM Packs
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2020, 12:56:12 PM »
I think I have just found out how to do. :)

Offline EileenL

« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2020, 01:05:01 PM »
You will need to load these packs from your hard  drive onto a USB stick and then load back into YEM.

Offline larrygreen1

« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2020, 06:06:48 PM »
Hi Eileen.Thanks for your response.I thought I had found out how to do it but wasn't successful.How do you put the packs onto a usb stick please as I cannot see an option when going into Expansion in the HD to copy the packs that I have made?Many thanks.

Offline EileenL

« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2020, 11:20:38 PM »
Hi Larry,
  You said you had the packs stored on your hard drive so I assumed your had saved these voices to a CPF file. If they are loaded into expansion on keyboard then you can't reload them into YEM.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2020, 01:03:24 PM by EileenL »

Offline overover

« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2020, 02:19:46 AM »
Hi Larry,

it is NOT possible to save the installed Packs back from the keyboard to a USB stick.

The only way for you is: You need all original Pack files (.CPF or .PPF). Then delete only ONE Pack at a time in the YEM and import the same Pack newly to the YEM.

If you do it this way, the LSB assignment of the packs should not change. As a precaution, I recommend that you call up the "Change Bank Select LSB" function in YEM first and take a screenshot of this window (or write down the "old" LSB assignments of the Packs).

When you have re-imported all packs where this is necessary to the YEM, mark the desired packs under "Install Target" as usual. Then click on "Save as Pack Install File" to save the .CPI or .PPI Install File on the connected USB stick. Now plug in the USB stick on the keyboard and install the packs there as usual. Alternatively, you can of course also use the "Wi-Fi" method (if the keyboard is connected to your home network via Wi-Fi (stick)).

Hope this helps!

Best regards,
Chris
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.
➪ Never put the manual too far away: There's more in it than you think! ;-)

Offline larrygreen1

« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2020, 08:15:32 AM »
Thank you Chris & Eileen for your replys.I will have to investigate.Much appreciated.🙂