Author Topic: Hello from Old New (or new old?) Member  (Read 5997 times)

Offline KeyboardEd

Hello from Old New (or new old?) Member
« on: February 13, 2020, 02:31:08 AM »
Hello everyone.

I've been away from my last PRS's (pair of S950's) for a few years and I'm thinking I may have some more k'bd playing to do. I grabbed my bass recently and started to play music again but it's hard to play a '2nd' instrument without a keyboard.

My user name was still available (thanks Joe W.) so if you remember the name it's still Ed.

Anyway, I have not yet bought another keyboard and I figured this would be the best place to start or restart.

The Genos has caught my eye but...

Anyway, hello. -Ed

Offline Roger Brenizer

Re: Hello from Old New (or new old?) Member
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2020, 03:29:18 AM »
Hi Ed,

Welcome back to the forum and thank you for becoming a member again.  I’m sure you'll learn a great deal about your pair of PSR-S950 keyboards here on the forum.

You’ll want to be sure to visit the Home page and check out some of the tutorials you will find links to there.  The following link will take you to the Home page of the website:

http://psrtutorial.com/

Should you later decide to become a supporting member, which will include lifetime membership, other forum boards will become available to you, as well as a wealth of additional musical knowledge; however, there is absolutely no obligation to do so.  You may also use the following link to discover the full benefit of becoming a Supporting Member of the PSR Tutorial.

http://www.psrtutorial.com/forum/index.php/topic,15536.0.html

You’ll also gain access to an Excel Song Index database, made available to supporting members by our good friend Peter (XeeniX), which presently contains 85,000 plus song titles in almost 2,300 indexed books.  This index is updated often.

In lieu of making a donation only, you may also order any of the websites resources, which can be found at the following link:

http://psrtutorial.com/cdrom/productsum.html

Joe Waters updated “Supporting the PSR Tutorial”, on August 27, 2017, which can be found here:

https://psrtutorial.com/cdrom/index.html

We’re so glad you've decided to become a member and very happy you've decided to become a part of this great forum family.  If you have any questions, then please just ask.  Many of our members are always very willing to help you.
"Music Is My Life"
My best regards,
Roger

(The older I get...the better I used to be...LOL!!!)
Roger’s PSR Performer Page

Offline KeyboardEd

« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2020, 07:51:49 PM »
Thanks Roger

My S950's are gone but I'm looking at what is available and trying to decide what to go with. This will only be for personal enjoyment, no gigging, but I've said that before.

It's hard not to look at the Genos but I'll be reading up and we'll see what happens.

Again, Thank you -Ed

Offline Toril S

« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2020, 07:57:56 PM »
Hello Ed! Yes, the Genos is a VERY fine instrument, but also very expensive. There is also the new PSR XS 700 and 900. They have many of the features of the Genos, and is lightweight, just like your old PSRs. Only you can decide. You might also get a good deal on the S975, but keep in mind that it is discontinued. However, it is more like your old PSRs. Good luck deciding! :)
Toril S

Genos, Tyros 5, PSR S975, PSR 2100
and PSR-47.
Former keyboards: PSR-S970.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLVwWdb36Yd3LMBjAnm6pTQ?view_as=subscriber

Toril's PSR Performer Page

Offline jtrue

« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2020, 02:00:25 AM »
Hi Ed, and welcome back.  Thought you'd like to know the pristine PSR-S910 that you let go seven years ago is still perkin' right along.  Best wishes.

j.
It don't mean a thing...

Offline KeyboardEd

« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2020, 02:59:10 AM »
Thanks jtrue. Wow, it doesn't feel like that long ago. I remember this site as being one of the best as far as quality people go. I still have all the styles and lesson USB sticks I acquired over the years, wonder if they still work!

I kinda' thought playing had become a part of my past but I guess music never leaves you, it's our friend for life.

For about 2 nano seconds I was thinking about buying a Casio WK series and that brought me back here.  -Ed

Offline Toril S

« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2020, 06:29:12 PM »
The styles still work, Ed! Some may need some adjustment depending on what keyboard you are using.
Toril S

and PSR-47.

Kauaiguy

« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2020, 07:12:08 PM »
LOL!  I guess if you don't use this board long enough, you're taken off the list.  I just wanna say "Meee Too!
I was a member when I first purchased my PSR S900 back when they first came out but had to sign up again to start a new post re: Purchasing a new PSR SX700.

Really some nice people here and I enjoy reading their comments although for the most part, I don't have anything to contribute.
Maybe that's why I don't come here often. Have a great day all!

Offline Toril S

« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2020, 09:36:30 PM »
I believe you will have to stay out of the forum for two years before your profile is deleted! In any case, welcome back!!
Toril S

and PSR-47.

Offline Roger Brenizer

« Reply #9 on: February 17, 2020, 11:52:52 PM »
Please be advised, we delete all new member accounts 7 days after the account is approved, if a new member fails to login for the first time within said time frame.  Simply accessing the forum as a guest is not sufficient.  You must actually login to activate your account.

To maintain an active account, you must login at least once in 2 years (730 days) or your account will be removed from the forum.
"Music Is My Life"
My best regards,
Roger

Offline KeyboardEd

« Reply #10 on: February 18, 2020, 05:11:23 AM »
Rodger,

Thank you for the clarification.

I understand you must administer the site within a set standard of rules and regulations, I have no issue with that. I agreed to your terms and conditions. It is my hope and belief that I have not breeched any T & C's, protocol, rules, regulations, bylaws or any other restrictions. I assure you that is not my intent.

Actually, I'm fortunate enough to have made it through the last few years. I have reached the point that I'm able to have enough dexterity that I'm looking forward to playing music again with a keyboard. (My degree and music background is in trumpet performance but I did pass my piano barrier exams at the time.)

Again, thank you for you understanding. -Ed

Offline Roger Brenizer

« Reply #11 on: February 18, 2020, 06:41:24 AM »
Hi Ed,

No, you have not broken any forum rules or regulations.  We simply purge member accounts that have not had any activity within 2 years (730 days), which is why your account was removed.

Do you remember the approximate number of posts you accumulated, prior to your account having been removed from the forum?  If so, I can restore your account to reflect such status.  Were you previously a "Supporter" of the forum?  If so, I will ask Joe Waters to confirm your supporter status, which will give you additional forum privileges, as stated in my first reply when I welcomed you back to the forum.  :)
"Music Is My Life"
My best regards,
Roger

Offline KeyboardEd

« Reply #12 on: February 19, 2020, 07:09:06 PM »
Rodger,

My post count was north of 250 (not really sure) and had purchased a few USB's from Joe. I also sent a PP donation when just I re-signed.

I emailed Joe re: 'Supporter' but have not heard back yet, that's OK I understand and have patience. Perhaps I should have gone to you as admin., my apologies.

That would be great to have the moniker restored.

Thank you, -Ed

Offline Roger Brenizer

« Reply #13 on: February 20, 2020, 01:51:11 AM »
Hi Ed,

I've restored your post count by adding 260 posts to your current post count of 7, which give you a total of 267 posts.  This will now give you access to the Charter Member's boards, just as you previously enjoyed.

I will contact Joe and ask him about your "Supporter" status.  :)
"Music Is My Life"
My best regards,
Roger

Offline KeyboardEd

« Reply #14 on: February 20, 2020, 04:58:26 AM »
Rodger, thank you.

Your help is appreciated -Ed

Offline Roger Brenizer

« Reply #15 on: February 20, 2020, 09:57:23 PM »
Hi Ed,

As you will note, Joe has updated your member status to "Supporter".

Joe also informed me that your previous Username was KeyboardEd.  Would you like for me to update your Username from keyboarded to KeyboardEd, (Capitalize the K and the E) to indicate your closing name is Ed in your posts and to conform with your previous Username?
"Music Is My Life"
My best regards,
Roger

Offline KeyboardEd

« Reply #16 on: February 20, 2020, 11:00:09 PM »
Yes Rodger,

That would be great. I couldn't remember if I had used the caps before but if it's possible without a lot of hassle for you I would really be grateful for that.

Thanks -Ed (KeyboardEd)!!

Offline Roger Brenizer

« Reply #17 on: February 21, 2020, 12:52:37 AM »
As you will note, I've modified your Display name to "KeyboardEd", which is what will now be seen by all members of the forum.  Your Username shall remain "keyboarded", unless you want me to modify that also.  That requires me to reset your account using a temporary password, which you could then reset the next time you login to whatever password you are using now.  It's probably more important that your Display name is shown properly than to change your Username too; however, just let me know if you wish to do this and I will email you instructions.  :)
"Music Is My Life"
My best regards,
Roger