Author Topic: Tyros 2 problem - can anyone help?  (Read 3553 times)

Broadscot

Tyros 2 problem - can anyone help?
« on: February 11, 2020, 09:25:40 PM »
I have a Tyros 2 with a problem and wonder if anyone can help.    All works well on the unit but if it is left on for about 45 minutes the entire output takes on a very slight vibrato - a shimmer.  Everything still plays but this shimmer is the same on all sounds from piano right through.  It also comes through on separate amplification so not the T2 speakers and sub.

Is this a recognised fault or is it a setting somewhere which needs changing?  Factory reset perhaps.  This particular keyboard (T2) is new to me.  I have T5 76 note which I just love. 

Hope someone out there can help me with the T2.

Thanks- Charlie (Edinburgh)
« Last Edit: February 11, 2020, 09:27:19 PM by Broadscot »

Offline Toril S

Re: Tyros 2 problem - can anyone help?
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2020, 10:51:38 PM »
Hello :) Is there any shimmer on the screen? To me this sounds as if the Tyros has a faulty connection or a component that is about to fail. Have you tried a soft reset to see if this solves the problem?
Toril S

Genos, Tyros 5, PSR S975, PSR 2100
and PSR-47.
Former keyboards: PSR-S970.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLVwWdb36Yd3LMBjAnm6pTQ?view_as=subscriber

Toril's PSR Performer Page

Broadscot

« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2020, 12:03:39 AM »
That is a thought.  The screen does not shimmer but it is very slow to respond to anything from start-up.  Thank you - Charlie.

Offline DerekA

« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2020, 01:40:33 PM »
It does sound like some component is affected by heat building up as it runs. Probably needs a servicing engineer to diagnose properly.

30 years ago, a friend of mine had a home computer (ZX81) where after about 30 minutes, all the letter "L"s displayed on the screen slowly morphed into letter "K"s ...
Genos