Author Topic: Batch change Regs-fingering  (Read 1955 times)

Offline tommac

Batch change Regs-fingering
« on: February 11, 2020, 12:14:43 PM »
Strange query but is it possible to batch change downloaded registrations of which i have loads on USB. Occasionally the old arthritis plays up in left hand and I like to use the one finger chord fingering function. Obviously all the downloadable registrations are not set up for this. ---Specifically for T5

Thanks
« Last Edit: February 11, 2020, 12:15:49 PM by tommac »
Yamaha Genos

Offline XeeniX

Re: Batch change Regs-fingering
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2020, 01:16:30 PM »
Yes that is possible Tommac,

Download the Yamaha Registration Manager from Murray Best from this website and install it on a pc. It can do what you seek and much more.

- Copy all the rgt's that you want to change chord method for to one folder.
- Start the registration manager
- Browsing to the folder you copied your rgt's to by clicking the Load Registration button and load the registration that is
  on top (doesn't actually matter which one you pick).
- Now enter a used RGT button by clicking on the first one located in teh white window under the name of the source RGT
- In the window that is now open click on the scroll down menu that is after fingering: and pick your desired fingering
  method.
- When that is et correctly go to the bottom right of the window where it says duplicator and make sure duplicate settings
  has the black dot and not remove group(s). If duplicatoir settings is active click on the tellow process button.
- Enable the All buttons square and click in OK right next to it.
- In the settings to duplicate part that is now active enable Fingering.
- Click on the orange Batch Dduplocate settings button
- Now enable the auto name target directory setting and now click the orange directory duplicate button.
- Browse to the folder you are keeping your source registrations in and select that one.
- Confirm writing these settings to all banks and registrations by clicking yes.
- Exit the registration manager and do not bother saving the present registration.

If you now check you will find a folder with almost the same name as the original rgt folder but this new one has (modified) after it's name. If you open one of the rgt's in this folder you will find that they all now have the chord fingering that you picked in the first bank :)

Hope this helps and if you find it too complicated just PM me a way to get to your registrations and I will batch modify them for you. It is a matter of minutes this way.

regards,
Peter

« Last Edit: February 12, 2020, 12:27:05 AM by XeeniX »

The following users thanked this post: tommac

Offline Fred Smith

« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2020, 01:32:57 PM »
Strange query but is it possible to batch change downloaded registrations of which i have loads on USB. Occasionally the old arthritis plays up in left hand and I like to use the one finger chord fingering function. Obviously all the downloadable registrations are not set up for this. ---Specifically for T5

Yes, it’s possible, but there’s an easier way. Just use a Parameter Lock (in Utility). Once you lock the Fingering, registrations won’t change it.

Cheers,
Fred
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ
Genos, Bose L1 compacts, Finale 2015
Check out my Registration Lessons

The following users thanked this post: tommac

Offline tommac

« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2020, 01:46:58 PM »
Fantastic thanks