Author Topic: Multipads  (Read 2382 times)

trecker1247

Multipads
« on: February 10, 2020, 10:43:22 PM »
This could get complicated .... but here goes.

I have been using my Tyros 5 for just about a year and am just beginning to find my way around it. What a brilliant piece of kit. I was previously a Roland G70 user.
I play with a 4 piece Latin band where we use backing tracks for some of our numbers.
My problem is the following....

[1] - We record the backing track and import it into the T5 from a USB into the HD to the AUDIO file.
[2] - I create a MULTIPAD button for the backing track - this allows you to select the AUDIO you require
[3] - I then link the MULTIPAD button to the REGISTRATION section with the sounds/instrumentation that i require.

This process enables me to select the tune from the Folder they are stored in - press the first REGISTRATION button which in turn selects the MULTIPAD created backing track. Press the MULTIPAD button and the backing track starts with that particular tune and the instrumentation previously selected.

So far - so good - all works perfectly

My question now is - if i try to add something like a whistle or other Latin percussion sounds to the same remaining three MULTIPADS - that button will select the whistle which of course will continue to play until i press stop which then stops the Audio track as well

My question is this -

Is there any way that i can use the MULTIPAD facility to select other Latin percussion while the selected backing track is still playing on MULTIPAD button 1?

I hope this question is of interest to others and can be answered for me.

Offline Paula

Re: Multipads
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2020, 04:24:17 PM »
 :) :)
 I always edit the pad I copy and paste each pad I want in a performance to #1 and using all 8 REG WHEN ASSIGNED TO PAD EACH ONE WILL OVER WRIGHT THE OTHER USING pad STOPPER IN BETWEEN IF PAD IS NOT NEEDED CAN ALSO IF YOU WANT A LATIN PAD AND A WHISTLE  USE PAD 1AND 2 IN THE SAME MANNER IF YOU HAVE THE LATIN PAD ON ONE NOW AND WANT THE WHISTLE TO SHUT OFF USE ANOTHER REG with pad stopper on 2 Latin pad  #1will continue and use Pad stopper to shut of whistle on #2

Paula
You Tube
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC1xEYzY5g_0Nd5G9TkMY6mA/videos
Genos 1,Tyros 4 and Bose S1 Pro, Bose L1 Mod 2 w/tonematch
PSR S970

Offline Joe H

« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2020, 05:49:46 PM »
Here is a similar thread on Multi Pads, maybe it will help.

https://www.psrtutorial.com/forum/index.php/topic,54405.msg424603.html#msg424603

Programming registrations takes a lot of work but it a very powerful function of the keyboard. In fact registrations is how we ARRANGE music on the keyboard.

Joe H
Music is the Universal Language!

My Article: Using Multi Pads in registrations. Download Regs, Styles & MPs:  http://psrtutorial.com/music/articles/dancemusic.html

Constrictor

« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2020, 02:32:38 PM »
With Yamaha, everything that is running CANNOT be changed in real time.
Hello

Offline EileenL

« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2020, 03:23:16 PM »
If you want to stop just I multi Pad then hold down Stop and while holding it down press the number pad you want to stop. It will stop that one and leave the others playing.