Author Topic: Tyros 5 changing settings programmed  (Read 2277 times)

Offline mgbchuck

Tyros 5 changing settings programmed
« on: February 25, 2020, 12:51:38 AM »
Howdy..... my Tyros has been acting up over the past 6 months.  I will have my registrations all set up for my instrumentation...... and when I bring up that registration by pushing the control button.... it gives me different instruments than I programmed.  If I push the button a second time.... it brings up the instruments that I programmed.  Then I am Ok.  But why is it doing this? It doesn’t do this on every registration..... but seems to be on more songs all the time.  I’ll be playing a gig..... punch up the registration..... start the song.... and realize it is the wrong instruments.  I now have to double check every time.  Hate this.  It never use to do this at all....... just started about 6 months ago..... and seems to be growing,  Any suggestions????
Thanks..... Chuck Lyons....... Akron Ohio

Offline Fred Smith

Re: Tyros 5 changing settings programmed
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2020, 03:10:38 AM »
Howdy..... my Tyros has been acting up over the past 6 months.  I will have my registrations all set up for my instrumentation...... and when I bring up that registration by pushing the control button.... it gives me different instruments than I programmed.  If I push the button a second time.... it brings up the instruments that I programmed.  Then I am Ok.  But why is it doing this? It doesn’t do this on every registration..... but seems to be on more songs all the time.  I’ll be playing a gig..... punch up the registration..... start the song.... and realize it is the wrong instruments.  I now have to double check every time.  Hate this.  It never use to do this at all....... just started about 6 months ago..... and seems to be growing,  Any suggestions????
Thanks..... Chuck Lyons....... Akron Ohio

Post a couple of registrations so we can take a look at them. What you describe shouldn’t be happening.

Cheers,
Fred
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ
Genos, Bose L1 compacts, Finale 2015
Check out my Registration Lessons

Janus

« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2020, 04:38:27 AM »
Are you using midifiles ?
The controllers in the midi file take over the settings
When u use the knob the second time the perf takes over
The only thing you can do is remove the settings in the midi file

Gr.Jan

Constrictor

« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2020, 02:43:51 PM »
Press the MEMORY button which is next to the FREEZE button.
Put a check mark on each parameter that interests you
From this moment, in the Registration Memory, all the parameters as you have modified them will be included.
Hello

Online EileenL

« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2020, 03:28:39 PM »
All registration banks created before you add your own preferences will be the same. You choice will only be saved to any new registrations you make. You will have to alter any that are not performing as you want.

Offline overover

« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2020, 05:04:53 PM »
... I will have my registrations all set up for my instrumentation...... and when I bring up that registration by pushing the control button.... it gives me different instruments than I programmed. If I push the button a second time.... it brings up the instruments that I programmed.  Then I am Ok.  But why is it doing this? It doesn’t do this on every registration..... but seems to be on more songs all the time.  ...

Hi Chuck,

this behavior is typical when a MIDI file is memorized in a Registration (so that the relevant MIDI file is loaded when a certain Reg button is pressed), and so-called "Keyboard Voice Meta Events" were also stored in this MIDI file.

This can easily happen if you adjust a MIDI file on the keyboard (e.g. volume, voices, effect settings) and then save the file in the Song Creator again ("Channel - Setup - [SONG STOP button] - Execute - Save").

On the "Setup" page, there must NOT be a checkmark next to "Keyboard Voice", otherwise you will save your current KEYBOARD Voice settings (Parts Left and Right 1 - 3) into the MIDI file!

In order to REMOVE such "keyboard events" from MIDI files (either only for ONE file or for an entire folder), I recommend the PC program "PSRUTI". To do this, click on "Tools ---> Delete Keyboard Events". To download "PSRUTI" click here:

http://www.heikoplate.de/mambo/index.php?option=com_content&task=blogcategory&id=67&Itemid=83

After modifying the MIDI files on the PC, transfer them back to the keyboard. (If you use new file names, you will have to re-memorize your Registrations and to re-save the Reg Banks.)

P.S.
Removing those "Keyboard Voice Events" from MIDI files directly on the keyboard is also possible, but not as easy as with "PSRUTI".

Hope this helps!

Best regards,
Chris
« Last Edit: March 04, 2020, 05:20:13 PM by overover »
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.
➪ Never put the manual too far away: There's more in it than you think! ;-)