Author Topic: Recommended MIC settings Fx for SX900/Sx700?  (Read 2849 times)

Offline Dnj

Recommended MIC settings Fx for SX900/Sx700?
« on: February 10, 2020, 06:41:24 PM »
Recommended MIC settings Fx for SX900/Sx700?

Anyone have some good Mic settings, reverb fx etc, for vocals?

thanx

Offline mhack

Re: Recommended MIC settings Fx for SX900/Sx700?
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2022, 01:16:40 AM »
I am looking for the same thing. I have gotten close, but no cigar.
Mhack

Offline BogdanH

« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2022, 09:23:12 AM »
I don't use mic connected to keyboard, but then, it comes down to the same: there's no "general" good mic (effects) setting. Because there are too many factors, that are unique for individual singer:
-singer's voice characteristics,
-what kind of music/songs is performed,
-mic characteristics,
-room size and acoustics,
etc.
We also should keep in mind, that audience is not on the same spot as singer and so other will probably hear the sound differently than a singer -that's especially important in case of bigger rooms.
To sum it up: everyone must find his own good settings.

Bogdan
PSR-SX700 on K&M-18820 stand
Playing for myself on Youtube

Offline travlin-easy

« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2022, 02:17:52 AM »
I often had the same problem when I used a conventional sound system. When I transitioned to the Bose L1 PAS and later the Bose L1 compacts, the audiences heard exactly what I heard, nothing more, nothing less. The size of the room, make up of the walls and ceiling height, floor covering no longer had any bearing on anything. The Bose, and some similar, vertical array sound systems, all have similar attributes. They provide less than 10 percent drop-off at 100 feet, and have a 210 degree horizontal spread with equal volume. The person that is sitting just 10 feet in front of you hears the exact same thing, at the same volume, with identical sound  quality as the person situated 100 feet from the stage. Additionally, the singer/player hears exactly the same sounds as the audience. No need for monitors, ear buds, etc..., those things are history. Vertical array systems are very feedback resistant and with a feedback resistant mic, you can stand directly in front of the sound columns and experience no feedback at all.

Donny, you didn't post what mic you were using and what sound system was used. You already know my settings for my PSR-S-950, which I have posted many times in the past. As you are aware, this information is of paramount importance in order to provide you with setting information.

Keep in touch,

Gary  8)
Love Those Yammies...