Author Topic: I seriously need a midi controller with PSR keyfeel  (Read 4415 times)

kampot

I seriously need a midi controller with PSR keyfeel
« on: February 10, 2020, 02:32:09 AM »
I guess because 25+ years ago when I started playing keyboards it was on yamaha Psr, and I got used to that key feel,
 And now the Psr-s series seems like is even more perfect keyfeel for my fingers then older Psr, because my playing on Psr-s keys comes out much much better then on any other keyboard including piano playing.
I’ve tried few midi controllers and can’t stand their keyfeel:
Kurzweil k2500x 88key, old m-audio keystation, nektar  ix61, NI S61 and A61.
Is there a midi controller with psr/Psr-s keyfeel ?
No music store ever has enough midi controllers to try to find the one.
How are yamaha MX series controllers ? What kind of keybed / keyfeel to they have ?

Offline SciNote

Re: I seriously need a midi controller with PSR keyfeel
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2020, 03:22:19 AM »
It sounds like you own a PSR-S-series.  If so, couldn't you just use it as a MIDI controller when desired?
Bob
Current: Yamaha PSR-E433 (x2), Roland GAIA SH-01, Casio CDP-200R, Casio MT-68 (wired to bass pedals)
Past: Yamaha PSR-520, PSR-510, PSR-500, DX-7, D-80 home organ, and a few Casios

kampot

« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2020, 04:41:21 AM »
It sounds like you own a PSR-S-series.  If so, couldn't you just use it as a MIDI controller when desired?
Yes, I use psr-s770 at home , but it’s too think to fit under my desk at the studio

Roy_T

« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2020, 06:04:32 AM »

Instead of trying to fit the keyboard to the space available, and ending up with a compromise that you just hate, how about going the other way around - an underdesk mounting fitted to provide the space needed for the keyboard of your choice?  Sweetwater specializes in music keyboard desks and accessories.  They could probably provide you with something, or direct you to a supplier.

DonM

« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2020, 06:31:11 AM »
I recommend Roland A800 Pro.  Great keys, similar to PSR but a bit more "quality" feel.
https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/A800Pro--roland-a-800-pro-keyboard-controller-with-61-keys-and-8-pads

Offline Graham UK

« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2020, 06:55:41 AM »
There is the Yamaha NP30 (Now NP32) I use as a Twinset with my T5.
DGX670

Offline Joe H

« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2020, 07:27:11 PM »
... How are yamaha MX series controllers ? What kind of keybed / keyfeel to they have ?

My brother has both the S970 and MX49 keyboard and he tells me that he can feel NO difference between the 2 key beds, but I have no way of checking this out personally because he lives far away from me.

Joe H
Music is the Universal Language!

My Article: Using Multi Pads in registrations. Download Regs, Styles & MPs:  http://psrtutorial.com/music/articles/dancemusic.html

kampot

« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2020, 10:17:25 PM »
thank you all for the advices, I hope one of the local music stores will have the mentioned midi controllers to try.

also when I mentioned MX-series, I meant KX series. but thank you for the info on MX49, I'm considering MX as well

Offline pjd

« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2020, 12:24:19 AM »
My brother has both the S970 and MX49 keyboard and he tells me that he can feel NO difference between the 2 key beds, but I have no way of checking this out personally because he lives far away from me.

Joe H

I'll vouch. Thanks for making the suggestion, Joe.

-- pj

kampot

« Reply #9 on: February 12, 2020, 10:45:16 PM »
I tried cheap psr-e313 today, the key feel is much worse than the "perfect" ( imo ) key-feel of PSR-S series

kampot

« Reply #10 on: February 14, 2020, 01:06:57 AM »
Tried more lower end psr's at the store today, and midi controllers, all of  their key feel is not like higher end psr at all.
But they had a used Roland A-70 controller and this was very close to psr key feel, so far the closest one

blackpool

« Reply #11 on: March 08, 2020, 06:13:33 PM »
I used a Swissonic Easykey 61 ( they also do a 25 and 49 I think )
I used it with my Tyros .... Great value ...... dont be put off by price ......REALLY CHEAP!! and very heavy alloy case if you need to Gig it .... It had a good touch and I liked it VERY MUCH.

check out -

https://www.thomann.de/gb/swissonic_easykey_61.htm
« Last Edit: March 08, 2020, 06:15:55 PM by blackpool »

kampot

« Reply #12 on: April 02, 2020, 08:56:30 PM »
I used a Swissonic Easykey 61 ( they also do a 25 and 49 I think )
I used it with my Tyros .... Great value ...... dont be put off by price ......REALLY CHEAP!! and very heavy alloy case if you need to Gig it .... It had a good touch and I liked it VERY MUCH.

check out -

https://www.thomann.de/gb/swissonic_easykey_61.htm

How does its keyfeel compare to Psr-s series / tyros 1 ?
« Last Edit: April 02, 2020, 08:59:14 PM by kampot »

Offline ton37

« Reply #13 on: April 02, 2020, 09:58:58 PM »
Nektar Impact or Panorama p4/T4  series?
My best regards,
Ton

blackpool

« Reply #14 on: April 02, 2020, 11:55:18 PM »
Well, I really liked it but then I am not a pro user....at the cost in my view it's worth a punt..if you check out the reviews on line overall pretty good.
Keith

kampot

« Reply #15 on: April 03, 2020, 12:35:39 AM »
Nektar Impact or Panorama p4/T4  series?

I sold my nektar ix61 last year , key feel was ok but has issues with resetting al the time due to glitches.