Author Topic: Audio Instability  (Read 2757 times)

Offline hans1966

Audio Instability
« on: January 23, 2020, 02:31:11 AM »
Hi Guys, it is not that I like to complain, but I have noticed that when playing a song either in WAV or MP3 and try to change the tone to + 1 + 2 or -1-2. The sound begins to tremble or degrade. The same happens when the percentage of time changes. This problem has been going on since I had the S950. At the time I explained the problem without having been solved. Then I go to S970 / S975 until my new arrival SX900. It is worrying that four keyboard models have already passed, and Yamaha has not taken the issue of audio stability seriously. I hope this can be corrected in an upcoming update. regards. Hans
« Last Edit: January 23, 2020, 02:40:14 AM by hans1966 »
"Enjoying my SX600, and moving step by step through the journey of life"

Offline Fred Smith

Re: Audio Instability
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2020, 04:19:23 AM »
Hi Guys, it is not that I like to complain, but I have noticed that when playing a song either in WAV or MP3 and try to change the tone to + 1 + 2 or -1-2. The sound begins to tremble or degrade. The same happens when the percentage of time changes. This problem has been going on since I had the S950. At the time I explained the problem without having been solved. Then I go to S970 / S975 until my new arrival SX900. It is worrying that four keyboard models have already passed, and Yamaha has not taken the issue of audio stability seriously. I hope this can be corrected in an upcoming update. regards. Hans

The problem has been going on ever since someone tried to say you could change the key of an audio file without degredation. It doesn't matter what you read, or what Yamaha says, there will always be some, if not a lot of, degredation.

So, forget about transposing audio files. Play the file as is, or use a midi file if you want to transpose.

Cheers,
Fred
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ
Genos, Bose L1 compacts, Finale 2015
Check out my Registration Lessons

The following users thanked this post: Dave Shively

Offline frankmusik

« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2020, 06:29:09 AM »
Hi Hans,
We tested Audio on several Yamahas, ONE important thing is the performance.
On the new generation (with search function and indexing) it is good to use ONE USB Stick only, and Sticks with
a "not to deep, and not tooooooo big" architecture :-)   10.000 Files don't have to be on a professional keyboard on a gig ..

We recorded and played with:
a:) 2 USB Sticks full
b:) 1 full one "not so full"
c:) 1 "not so full" stick.

on "a" we heard the digital errors
on "b" and "c" no errors heard ...

greetings frank

PS: BUT depending on Audiomaterial also we have audio material transposed very well!
« Last Edit: January 23, 2020, 06:30:20 AM by frankmusik »
Genos and Tyros /PSR Support in Germany - Europe with more than
280 keyboardscouts helping in D-AT-CH-NL at your home!
Monday 18:30 (6:30 pm german time) Live tips on youtube https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCBxOTmwqvDGu5QavFWeaQfQ

The following users thanked this post: Dave Shively, hans1966

Offline hans1966

« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2020, 05:17:05 PM »
-Hello Fred, thanks for the reply. I thought it was different this time. regards. Hans
-Hello Frank, I use a memory of 16GB, installed on my keyboard and so far I have used 1.5 GB of all memory capacity, this means that I am not even using 10% of the memory capacity, and it works perfectly, so the possibility a) "full memory" is ruled out.
On the other hand there is a program called ADOBE AUDITION, which has the option of transposing audio files (WAV / MP3) to + 1 + 2 + 3 and -1-2-3 without degradation problems. I just installed it on my computer and it works great for what I need. anyway thanks for your time. regards. Hans

Offline frankmusik

« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2020, 07:22:35 AM »
No matter how many GB on the stick ... important qty of files and folders ...

Just try on a blank stick and test if it works.
frank
Genos and Tyros /PSR Support in Germany - Europe with more than
280 keyboardscouts helping in D-AT-CH-NL at your home!
Monday 18:30 (6:30 pm german time) Live tips on youtube https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCBxOTmwqvDGu5QavFWeaQfQ

The following users thanked this post: hans1966

Offline EileenL

« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2020, 02:32:16 PM »
It is well known that when dealing with Audio songs you are limited to how much you can transpose them without the quality deteriorating.

The following users thanked this post: hans1966

Offline hans1966

« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2020, 02:08:50 AM »
Many thanks to Eileenl and Frank for their answers, I have decided to do this process on the computer and dedicate myself to play and create songs with my SX900 with everything that it already brings (which is enough) I have many hours of fun, and I'm just starting . regards. Hans