Author Topic: Rejoining the fold.....  (Read 2386 times)

Offline TonyR

Rejoining the fold.....
« on: February 08, 2020, 06:54:29 PM »
After a few years away from Yamaha with Korg PA4x as my main keyboard Ive just ordered a PSR-SX900 as back up. Will be good to renew old acquaintanceships.
Lugging the heavy korg with its external speakers is taking its toll on my ageing limbs and a recent play with the SX900 persuaded me to trade some redundant kit and see how I get on - very impressed with the improvements over my previous PSR-S950.
Any hints and tips gratefully received !
TonyR
Genos/SX900/EW425. (previously owned Korg Pa4x, PSR-S970, PSR 3000 and PSR-S900). Also use Bose L1 Compact, Yamaha StagePAS 400 and far too many other toys!
Often to be found cruising River Thames-sometimes with kb on board.

Offline Dnj

Re: Rejoining the fold.....
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2020, 07:11:27 PM »
Tony good luck a wise choice.

« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2020, 08:01:00 PM »

Hi Tony
Enjoy your new sx900. Gave up my Pa4x and pa3x. The Sx900 is really all I need for home use.
I had the s950 also,  sx900 is a big improvement.
Best wishes
Rikki
Korg PA5X 88 note
SX 900
Band in a Box 2022

Offline TonyR

« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2020, 06:57:46 PM »
Well now I really have lost my marbles. After a few weeks of getting to grips with the SX900 I realised that my mental capacity was simply not up to handling the conflict between Korg Pa4x and Yamaha operating systems.
So last weekend I completed a trade in deal and now have a bootiful new Genos c/w speaker system together with the SX900 as a backup board. My cup runneth over and I am blown away by the Genos, particularly the larger screen which makes it so much easier to read. The sliders and variable effects knobs are a dream,
I may be immersed for some time but that’s ok as nothing else is to be done in this crazy world we now find ourselves in.
Is there another Genos owner in the UK that might be prepared to share info over the phone?
Oh happy day ......
Genos/SX900/EW425. (previously owned Korg Pa4x, PSR-S970, PSR 3000 and PSR-S900). Also use Bose L1 Compact, Yamaha StagePAS 400 and far too many other toys!
Often to be found cruising River Thames-sometimes with kb on board.

rcpilot

« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2020, 12:02:06 AM »
Tony, GREAT...you will love the Genos...I have the SX900 and want to get Genos later down the road.
Wow, what sound quality...
Lee

Offline EileenL

« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2020, 01:54:38 AM »
Hi Tony,
  I live in Essex near Frinton on Sea in UK and have both Genos and SX900. Both great keyboards.

Offline KeyboardEd

« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2020, 03:26:29 AM »
Hello Tony,

I'm in a similar situation with returning to the Yamaha PSR's after a number of years away. My last PSRs were a pair of S950's.

My SX-900 just arrived today. I wasn't expecting it since UPS tracking showed it stuck in Chicago, go figure! Right now it's good to know that people are carrying on with their jobs and, as it is, life goes on.

One thing we won't have in common is a Genos, (I'm jealous ;)) my retirement income won't allow me that much latitude. ::)

I sure did miss these Yammies and it's great to be playing again. It's been a few years and although it looks familiar, I think I'll need a week or two before I'm comfortable with it.

Good luck with your new kbd's. -Ed L.

Offline Toril S

« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2020, 12:08:50 PM »
Ello Tony, I have a Genos and love it!
Toril S

Genos, Tyros 5, PSR S975, PSR 2100
and PSR-47.
Former keyboards: PSR-S970.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLVwWdb36Yd3LMBjAnm6pTQ?view_as=subscriber

Toril's PSR Performer Page