Author Topic: Songbook+ and Genos Connection Problem  (Read 4141 times)

Offline Bob88

Songbook+ and Genos Connection Problem
« on: February 07, 2020, 02:39:22 AM »
  Although a similar topic  has been previously posted, I wanted to  add my problem separately as there are different circumstances.   I have been linking my Genos  to Songbook+ for quite a  long time without any issues.   Yesterday   I took the Genos across town to a friend's home.   I removed  the Yamaha MD-BT01 from my Genos  and left it at home because it was not required.   When I returned home ,I installed the MD-BT01 on the Genos  and now none of my registration links to Songbook+ can connect.   I get an error message.   In Songbook I clicked on the option to connect the Genos and a connection was confirmed.   I tried to link a new song and reg.  and  the same error  appeared..   Bob

I just went back to my Genos   and tried linking Genos to Songbook again and managed partial  success.  Genos would  not make the connection to Songbook  but
Songbook connected   prelinked songs to the corresponding registrations in the Genos.  It should work both ways.   I always selected the Genos registration first which in turn opened the proper song in Songbook.
     Because I have about 1700 pdf songs in Songbook, it is much quicker to have the registrations find the correct song as I have about  100registrations.      Prior to today I could connect  Genos to Songbook or Songbbok to Genos.  Hope this makes some sense.    Hoping for a solution.  Bob

« Last Edit: February 07, 2020, 02:59:12 AM by Roger Brenizer »

Offline Fred Smith

Re: Songbook+ and Genos Connection Problem
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2020, 05:20:44 AM »
Did you put the BT01 in the right port (A or B)? When mine doesn’t connect, it’s because I lugged it into the wrong port.

Cheers,
Fred
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ
Genos, Bose L1 compacts, Finale 2015
Check out my Registration Lessons

Offline Rick D.

« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2020, 06:33:33 AM »
Bob,

I am in the same boat as you are. I have about 1700 songs in Songbook+ and it works as you mention, it goes from registrations to sheet music, and the other way around too. I find that after I shut down and come back later on to play again the links don't work until I restart MIDI. If you notice the MIDI Indicator on the top  middle of the page, try playing a few notes on the keyboard and see if the indicator flashes each time you hit a key. If not click on MIDI and from the drop down select Restart MIDI. This will usually get you working again. I am hooked up wirelessly not using the BT01's. I don't know if that  makes a difference.

Hope this helps!

Rick D.

Offline Bob88

« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2020, 03:12:27 PM »
Fred:  You diagnosed the problem.  I had put the BT01 in  Port B.  The  connections  work
properly now.   Thank you.  Bob

Rick: Sounds like your procedure is different from mine.   I merely link via the BT01. Thanks for your reply.  Bob

Offline Rick D.

« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2020, 03:29:23 PM »
Bob,

I connect mine with my house WiFi to the iPad with no adapters needed.
This way it leaves the MIDI ports open for my MFC-10 pedal board.
Here is a link to the manual that shows how to do this.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/u9wot7g42hekujb/Manual_Yamaha_Genos_SongBook.pdf?dl=0
It does not work using Genos WiFi, you have to use your house WiFi.
WTG Fred on getting Bob operational again!

Rick D.

Offline Bob88

« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2020, 11:09:36 PM »
 Thanks Rick for the additional information.  A good resource to have.  Bob