Author Topic: Yamaha PSR S775  (Read 2564 times)

Offline Mr. Gary

Yamaha PSR S775
« on: February 06, 2020, 10:09:01 AM »
A couple of questions please.

I have a PSR-S775. Looking at the Music Finder Corrections section of the tutorial there are references to download  availability being 'keyboard specific', but the 775 is not listed,  (I find that for the 775 on other websites too), the 775 seems less catered for than most,   can I use an alternative such as the corrections for a 750 or 950 for example? (Without using the software?)

Secondly, I had reply regarding a previous question for Super Articulation. I purchased a controller pedal, followed the instructions for set up under 'Function' and ART2 but cannot replicate the sounds such as the demo on the saxophone., I can't get the same nuances as the Demo,  tonal changes etc,  I've tried holding one note whilst rolling into the next but nothing works..!  Assistance would be most appreciated, it's driving me bonkers..!  Thanks in advance.
Gary

Offline EileenL

Re: Yamaha PSR S775
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2020, 11:22:11 AM »
Hi Gary,
  I would think the 770 MF will be the one to load. The PSR series and the SX do not have super articulated 2 voices on them as they are only on the Flag Ship models such as Tyros 5 and Genos.

Offline Mr. Gary

« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2020, 01:03:28 PM »
Many thanks Eileen, most appreciated.

Offline Toril S

« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2020, 01:36:49 PM »
But you can use the pitch bend wheel and the modulation wheel to change nuances in voices. Experiment with it to see if you get he effect you are after.
Toril S

Genos, Tyros 5, PSR S975, PSR 2100
and PSR-47.
Former keyboards: PSR-S970.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLVwWdb36Yd3LMBjAnm6pTQ?view_as=subscriber

Toril's PSR Performer Page

Offline Mr. Gary

« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2020, 05:27:46 PM »
I'm trying to replicate the demo sound of the Sax for example, even using the modulation wheel and new pedal, it seems impossible. I appreciate the Super Art voices are very good but how to achieve the same results as heard in the demo..  ?

Offline Toril S

« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2020, 06:34:02 PM »
This is why there should be keyboard lessons in music schools. I contacted three scholls here in my town, but they only teached piano lessons. I guess we just have to ecperiment with it until we get the sound we want.
Toril S

Genos, Tyros 5, PSR S975, PSR 2100
and PSR-47.
Former keyboards: PSR-S970.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLVwWdb36Yd3LMBjAnm6pTQ?view_as=subscriber

Toril's PSR Performer Page