Author Topic: Battery channels in the wrong channels, in the style (7 and 8)  (Read 3821 times)

victorfs1993

Battery channels in the wrong channels, in the style (7 and 8)
« on: February 04, 2020, 12:52:41 PM »
Sorry if I pronounce it wrong! I'm from Brazil and I'm using a translator! If anyone knows Portuguese it helps.

Here's the thing, sometimes when I create styles on the PSR 1500, the battery channels are on channels 7 and 8.
This sucks because I'm a programmer and when I send this style to a customer with the E-line keyboard, the Fill of the drum style plays the piano  :\

Someone give me a hint of some program or solution, trick to solve it ??

[attachment deleted by admin]

SeaGtGruff

Re: Battery channels in the wrong channels, in the style (7 and 8)
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2020, 02:59:48 PM »
There are two types of channel for each part in a style file-- the source channel and the destination channel.

You can have a part-- such as Rhythm 1-- that is coded on channel 7 within the MIDI portion of the style file, which would be indicated for that part by specifying a source channel of 7 in the CASM chunk (so the keyboard knows it's supposed to get the data for that part by reading channel 7 from the MIDI portion), but then you can specify that the part is to have a destination channel of 9 (so the keyboard knows it's supposed to use that data for the Rhythm 1 part).

You can even have multiple source channels that are mapped to the same destination channel, allowing you to have alternate versions of the part depending on which types of chords are being used, by making use of the CASM fields that specify which types of chords are valid for each of those source channels for that part.

Note: All channel numbers given above are according to the "humanized" 1-through-16 numbering, rather than according to the 0-through-15 numbering that's actually used within the MIDI data.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2020, 03:03:34 PM by SeaGtGruff »

victorfs1993

« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2020, 04:03:35 PM »
I already know what you said!
I even saw it on the One Man Band 11 and 7 show.
The problem when I send the style to someone who has e433, e453 etc.
How do I solve this ?? Do you have a program ??
Any tips I can do on psr 1500?

Janus

« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2020, 04:39:04 PM »
Transport channel 8 and 9 to channel 10
Transport channel 7 to channel 9
Perhaps you need a style editer to do the job
Those are the  the standaard channels for drums on yamaha keyboards
Voice set for channel 10 drum standaard kit 1
Voice set for channel 9 rock kit
« Last Edit: February 05, 2020, 03:14:37 AM by Janus »

SeaGtGruff

« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2020, 11:21:53 PM »
Well, I have four different PSR-E keyboards-- YPT-400 (same as the PSR-E403), PSR-E433, PSR-E443, and PSR-EW400 (basically the same as the PSR-E453 but with a wider keyboard). If you want to send me a sample of a style you've created (a simple test file, if you don't want to send a copy of one you're selling), I can look at it and see if I can tell you how it needs to be changed.

Otherwise, there is free software you can use for working on style files-- see the Keyboard Utility Programs page on the main PSR Tutorial web site for more information:

https://psrtutorial.com/util/index.html

victorfs1993

« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2020, 11:25:24 PM »
Yes, I can send.
Do you have Whatsapp?
Add me +55 16 99144-4369

SeaGtGruff

« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2020, 01:59:21 AM »
I don't have WhatsApp, but you can send it to me via the forums; just go to my profile page and email me.