Author Topic: PSR-SX900 Lessons  (Read 5690 times)

Offline Joe W

PSR-SX900 Lessons
« on: February 04, 2020, 06:56:51 PM »
With the introduction of the Genos and now the PSR-SX models, which use the new touch-screen interface, many of the current Lessons no longer apply.  They are still valid for Tyros and PSR/PSR-S models, but not for PSR-SX.

I do now have a PSR-SX900 and have started updating lessons.  I have completed the whole Lessons > Start Here section.  I have used many screen shots, with links to a larger screen view, to illustrate the differences in the new touch-screen interface.  For some lessons, the integration of the new models was relatively simple.  For others, separate sections, one for the PSR-SX900 and one for Tyros and PSR models, were required.

Obviously, updating ALL of the lessons will take quite some time.  Whether I continue trying to integrate the new models into the old lessons or devise separate lessons specifically for the SX900 remains to be seen. 

Take a look at what has been done so far and let me know what you think. 
-- Joe Waters
PSR-SX900
PSR Performer Page

The following users thanked this post: amateur, Stratcat, Dave Shively, JohnStarbuck, hans1966, Roger Brenizer, Mjm, thomas750, ton37, rapaz

Offline Al Ram

Re: PSR-SX900 Lessons
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2020, 09:18:12 PM »
Joe

Thanks a lot for your efforts.  This is an invaluable resource. 

In the "Accessories" section you might want to consider the inclusion of:
Tablet, laptop or iPad . . . .

now a days they can connect directly to the keyboard and it is a very common accessory to read various forms of music sheets.

thanks and have a great day.
AL
San Diego/Tijuana

The following users thanked this post: Joe W, JohnStarbuck

Offline Graham UK

« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2020, 08:44:30 AM »
Joe W. Nice One...I'm still with T5-76 but this atricle will be appreciated by SX owners....Well Done.
DGX670

Offline ton37

« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2020, 09:10:45 AM »
Hi Joe, you deserve all the praise and respect for your energy and time to serve us well inhere! Your lessons are a good reference work or a good starting point for the SX owners. Thanks you
My best regards,
Ton

Offline mikf

« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2020, 03:13:49 PM »
Joe
Excellent. All the top level current keyboards are touch screen now and this includes the CVPs. It is different, and I know I had some issues adjusting even with a lot of years on previous models. So this is well timed and very helpful. As you say, a lot of work though.
Mike

Offline Toril S

« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2020, 05:08:14 PM »
Thank you so much for all your work Joe❤️
Toril S

Genos, Tyros 5, PSR S975, PSR 2100
and PSR-47.
Former keyboards: PSR-S970.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLVwWdb36Yd3LMBjAnm6pTQ?view_as=subscriber

Toril's PSR Performer Page

Offline rgw

« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2020, 06:48:59 PM »
Hi Joe,

This is going to be essential reading for me. A ton of useful information.
Many thanks, yet again, for all your input of hard work.

Best wishes,
Richard.