Author Topic: YEM Voice Editor questions  (Read 3568 times)

chopoland

YEM Voice Editor questions
« on: February 04, 2020, 03:25:39 PM »
Greetings.

I am creating a voice based on the vocaloid voices and have two questions about how I can add certain features in the YEM editor.

The first one, I would like to know how I can create a loop, that is, that the voice is kept as long as the key is pressed.

The second, one is to know if it is possible to add an effect to the same style key, Sho-Be-Du-Ba, pressing the same key several times.

Thanks.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2020, 03:26:40 PM by chopoland »

chopoland

Re: YEM Voice Editor questions
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2020, 07:36:04 PM »
This is an introductory video to a voice FX bank.

https://youtu.be/Hjvvpqo06tI

chopoland

« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2020, 10:14:52 AM »
I can see, YEM is very limited. If I create a loop with another program to keep the voice in "vibrato" while holding the key, I don't know how far I can import it into YEM. Also, when I release the key, vocaloid does a "down" effect on the voice, so I couldn't do it if the user released the key either.

I think my best option is to create the voice with a limited duration even though I keep the key pressed, (like a drum kit) simulating the lack of air to continue.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2020, 10:33:57 AM by chopoland »

chopoland

« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2020, 09:41:05 AM »
Thank you. It's a pity that I can't create sho-be-do-ba type effects, especially to give a "words" effect when pressing keys.

I'll have to settle for adding, for example, "wo" to the volume "127-91" and "ha" to "90-0", to add two words to the same key.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2020, 09:43:03 AM by chopoland »

chopoland

« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2020, 06:43:18 PM »
Well, I'm doing some tests to get started, although I still have some way to go to get a quality vocaloid voice.

Basically, as it's impossible to achieve a real song with meaning, what each key does is emulate the Japanese hiragana (ko, ni, su, te...) to achieve a resemblance to a Hatsune Miku-style song.

As I said before, the idea is to add two words per key, which will sound depending on the response to the touch.

Due to the limitation of the voice, each pattern only has 2 octaves, if we go up or down, we will achieve another 2 octave pattern with different words.

https://youtu.be/2SkgjSbVYdM

Offline gabrielschuck

« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2022, 09:24:28 PM »
None of the two operations can be actually done with YEM. But the first operation (insert loop points into a sample) can be done with other softwares, like TWE Wave Editor (free). There are also VSampler and SampleRobot, not free but with an amazing Auto-loop function inside and other great functions to make the loop operation faster and accurate.
Francesco
You can also do this using Reaper.
Basically just render the sample in wav including the regions. You create Two regions: One that defines the beginning and the other the end of the section to be looped.
Regards,
Gabriel
-------------------------------

keyboardist, arranger, composer and music producer

"Life is like music. It must be composed by ear, with sensitivity and intuition, never by rigid rules."