Author Topic: question : yamaha drum kits limitation  (Read 3156 times)

dilshad

question : yamaha drum kits limitation
« on: February 04, 2020, 01:27:29 PM »
hi i am working on converting pa4x styles to yamaha genos so i sampled all the kits but the problem yamaha drums & perc voices are limited from c#0 to f#6  and most of my kits are from c-1 to c9 (note please yamaha update the os so drums are from c-2 to c9) so are there any solution to this problem .....my drums all are in sf2 format if i use them as sound they are right from c-2 to c9 but
in drums c#0 to f#6 and  the style drum& perc part would not let you choose sound only drum kits 

so can we choose sound in main rhythm or sub rhythm channel guys ?

Offline EileenL

Re: question : yamaha drum kits limitation
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2020, 03:10:40 PM »
Why should Yamaha update there drum mapping which has suited us for years to allow converts from other manufacturers. Can't see them doing this.

dilshad

« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2020, 06:17:03 PM »
why the limitation in first place all arranger keybourds have 10 octave drums and perc and can choose sound in the drum/perc channel

Offline markstyles

« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2020, 10:28:51 PM »
Different companies have used different midi mapping.  Most will have the standard midi drum spec.  the other drums not in the standard midi spec, are additional snares, hats, etc.  Some drum software, has a remap function.  So you can take drums from Addictive drums, and remap to Toontrack, etc. It's been like this for a long time, I don't see any company altering it's midi drum configuration

Ashrafamir

« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2020, 06:38:36 AM »
Yamaha is working on this feature and it will be available on the newer keyboards this year with the release of the next Yamaha expansion manager. For now map all your kits on Awave studio and save them as UVD and wait until the release of the new YEM. Good Luck
« Last Edit: February 06, 2020, 06:42:29 AM by Ashrafamir »

« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2020, 02:00:18 PM »
Yamaha is working on this feature and it will be available on the newer keyboards this year with the release of the next Yamaha expansion manager. For now map all your kits on Awave studio and save them as UVD and wait until the release of the new YEM. Good Luck
A new YEM is coming out? I hope it's far less confusing than the existing one!!
"Learn" your music correctly, then "practice" it. Don't practice mistakes because you'll learn them.

dilshad

« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2020, 11:09:59 AM »
good news..... if they just add link multipad with styles like sts the yamaha keybourd will be perfect

Offline gabrielschuck

« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2024, 02:17:42 AM »
Hello!
I'm also facing this issue when creating my drum samples.
I've been creating them in SFZ format and then converting them to SF2, changing the instrument properties in the software. The result sounds good despite the limitation. The same doesn't happen if I convert them to UVD.
Best regards,
Gabriel
-------------------------------

keyboardist, arranger, composer and music producer

"Life is like music. It must be composed by ear, with sensitivity and intuition, never by rigid rules."