Author Topic: Info on User setting  (Read 1986 times)

Offline Ray

Info on User setting
« on: February 03, 2020, 01:59:00 AM »
I have the CVP 809, and am finding my way around it now, after years ago, having a Tyros. Just to refresh my senior moment, could someone tell me what is the User option best used for. Also, I use the USB port under the keyboard, where my Playlist is, to also put my own song registrations, is that better than using the USB on the front for saving registrations ? Would it be better to save registrations on User ?  Thank you for your suggestions.

Offline Fred Smith

Re: Info on User setting
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2020, 02:06:06 AM »
I have everything on the User drive. Time, it’s much more convenient.

Cheers,
Fred
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ
Genos, Bose L1 compacts, Finale 2015
Check out my Registration Lessons

Offline Ray

« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2020, 05:41:37 AM »
Thank you Fred, what do you suggest the two USB ports best used for. I realise the front one could be best used to play midi files, the port underside is where Im starting to save mr registrations, do you think it better to put them on User. How much data can the User store, as I guess it would fill over the years. Sorry to sound vague on this, butI have been away from this for some time, along with a seniors moment, Many thanks.

Offline EileenL

« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2020, 01:05:47 PM »
Hello Ray,
 On my Genos I use the underside stick as USB1 and everything I save on User I also copy onto this stick giving me a mull backup that I can remove from time to time and also back up on my computer.
  The front USB I use for saving things from computer such as downloads which I then save on my user and USB1.

Offline Kenneve

« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2020, 11:37:04 AM »
THis post prompted me to check out my new CVP805 to see what files had been included in the sale.
I don't think it matters, which memory is used for storing Styles or Registrations, there is no technical limitation, other than the User Memory is only 2GB, compared with the much larger USB sticks, however 2GB is still capable of storing 1000s of files.

Currently, my User Memory contains around 1700 preloaded Registrations and a few of my own favourite Styles.
The USB slot under the keyboard houses a USB stick supplied by my dealer with a further 1600 Registrations and a copy of what I believe to be the latest CVP805 firmware.
The front USB slot houses my own USB stick containing 1000s of Style files, downloaded from this forum.

In my case the CVP805 was purchased as an upgrade from my previous CVP605, so the panel layout and operation is virtually identical, but senior moments do happen ::) ::)