Author Topic: No interesting Yamaha news from NAMM :(  (Read 4666 times)

No interesting Yamaha news from NAMM :(
« on: January 16, 2020, 06:22:35 PM »
Unfortunately there are no interesting news from the NAMM show. Only the very entry levelled PSR-E273 was introduced by Yamaha today:

https://usa.yamaha.com/products/musical_instruments/keyboards/portable_keyboards/psr-e273/index.html

What a disappointment ... at least for me. It's the 2nd NAMM show without the long awaited PSR-S670 successor. :(

Re: No interesting Yamaha news from NAMM :(
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2020, 09:09:42 PM »
Unfortunately there are no interesting news from the NAMM show. Only the very entry levelled PSR-E273 was introduced by Yamaha today:

https://usa.yamaha.com/products/musical_instruments/keyboards/portable_keyboards/psr-e273/index.html

What a disappointment ... at least for me. It's the 2nd NAMM show without the long awaited PSR-S670 successor. :(

For me too. I still dream with a keyboard that is very portable (maybe 4 or 5kg) but with the same quality of Genos (SA2 voices, Megavoices, Revo!drums,etc).

Offline Toril S

« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2020, 09:11:44 PM »
My dream too, but there is a limit to how light the keyboards can be :)
Toril S

Genos, Tyros 5, PSR S975, PSR 2100
and PSR-47.
Former keyboards: PSR-S970.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLVwWdb36Yd3LMBjAnm6pTQ?view_as=subscriber

Toril's PSR Performer Page

Offline panos

« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2020, 10:45:18 PM »
I wonder why is this feature is on the PSR-E273:
Tuning 427.0 - 440.0 - 453.0 Hz (approx.0.2Hz Increments).
If you have the skills to tune your keyboard for any reason, I think you really deserve a Genos or should I buy you a Yamaha Concert Grand Piano my child? :)

Offline SciNote

« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2020, 03:09:42 PM »
Quite a disappointment, indeed.  However, I remember that in 2016, it looked like Yamaha wasn't going to introduce the expected PSR-E453.  I even called Yamaha, and while I don't remember exactly when this was, I believe it would've been after the NAMM show of that year.  Of course, Yamaha wasn't going to give out their product plans, and they told me that there were no plans for a PSR-E453 but that "something different" would be introduced later in the year.  I even posted a thread here about it that I titled "Could it be?  No PSR-E453?", but that thread is probably one of the ones that was previously lost when there was an issue with the forum and a bunch of threads were lost.

Well, of course, a couple months later, Yamaha DID introduce the PSR-E453, and the "something different" later in the year was likely the 76-key PSR-EW400 version.

So, maybe there is hope.  Maybe Yamaha will still surprise us, yet.
Bob
Current: Yamaha PSR-E433 (x2), Roland GAIA SH-01, Casio CDP-200R, Casio MT-68 (wired to bass pedals)
Past: Yamaha PSR-520, PSR-510, PSR-500, DX-7, D-80 home organ, and a few Casios