Author Topic: Hello, from Zoot and Janice.  (Read 1999 times)

Genos!

Hello, from Zoot and Janice.
« on: February 12, 2020, 11:43:59 AM »
I have played music for years, mostly as a 'Big Band' member. My instructor played with "the greats". He was 60 some years older and was my band leader for over 10 years. We had a great thing going (the band). He also played sax and clarinet. I was, very, very fortunate to have a full-time dedicated teacher.

District, Regional, States, yada-yada... Swing, dance, concert, orchestra, marching bands... I stayed busy and it not only kept me out of trouble, but gave me purpose.  I had been playing in various school bands along with other external bands (not school bands), and moved onto variety bands when I graduated.

I played in a club once for about a month and a half playing all of the top 40 hits from the 60's through the 70's (before disco). I couldn't stomach watching others; the excess drinking, womanizing, etc., it just wasn't my 'scene'.

I started playing at the age of 7, was in at least 3 bands all of my life while in school. At the age of 27, I moved on to become a Sr. Systems Programmer/Analyst. I'm retired over 10 years with my wife and our focus is music.

I play sax and clarinet, and my wife is blond and plays guitar -- Zoot and Janice. We own and play flute, alto recorder, guitar, mandolin, and keys. I also own and play a Yamaha WX5 Wind synth MIDI controller.

We own a recording studio comprised of various gear. The main items being a VS-2480 24-track mixer/recorder, MOTU 896mk3Hy 32 channel i/o interface, 8 port MOTU MTP/AV Timepiece, Axon guitar midi, TC-Helicon VoiceLive Rack harmonizer, GSP-1101 guitar processor, Mackie studio monitors, various microphones, software DAWs and VSTs, and keyboards; Casio Workstation, Korg Triton, Roland FA-08, and now the Yamaha Genos.

We're here, mostly, to get the most out of our new purchase 1 week ago today, the Genos. I'm finding that it's complicated and easy to use; both, at the same time (if that makes sense). We pulled the trigger on getting a Genos mainly because of its somewhat realistic sound, to add to the studio.

We have one Mackie SRM215 V-Class Powered Loudspeaker on the way and will order a second one, so it's possible that we may start doing concerts in the future but right now it isn't our focus. We write music, arrange, play, mix and master, print and produce our own CDs, and print and assemble our own jackets.

We're in the south, so it's not too surprising that our best selling CD has been American Hymns, Bluegrass, Soggy-Bottom Style. My wife transliterates the Psalms into songs, and they are also very popular.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2020, 10:23:50 AM by Genos! »

Offline Roger Brenizer

Re: Hello, from Zoot and Janice.
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2020, 01:17:57 PM »
Hi Zoot and Janis,

Welcome to the forum and thank you for becoming a member.  I’m sure you'll learn a great deal about your new Genos keyboard here on the forum and will experience many pleasurable hours playing it.

You’ll want to be sure to visit the Home page and check out some of the tutorials you will find links to there.  The following link will take you to the Home page of the website:

http://psrtutorial.com/

Should you later decide to become a supporting member, which will include lifetime membership, other forum boards will become available to you, as well as a wealth of additional musical knowledge; however, there is absolutely no obligation to do so.  You may also use the following link to discover the full benefit of becoming a Supporting Member of the PSR Tutorial.

http://www.psrtutorial.com/forum/index.php/topic,15536.0.html

You’ll also gain access to an Excel Song Index database, made available to supporting members by our good friend Peter (XeeniX), which presently contains 85,000 plus song titles in almost 2,300 indexed books.  This index is updated often.

In lieu of making a donation only, you may also order any of the websites resources, which can be found at the following link:

http://psrtutorial.com/cdrom/productsum.html

Joe Waters updated “Supporting the PSR Tutorial”, on August 27, 2017, which can be found here:

https://psrtutorial.com/cdrom/index.html

We’re so glad you've decided to become a member and very happy you've decided to become a part of this great forum family.  If you have any questions, then please just ask.  Many of our members are always very willing to help you.
"Music Is My Life"
My best regards,
Roger

(The older I get...the better I used to be...LOL!!!)
Roger’s PSR Performer Page

Offline MINKYCATS

Re: Hello, from Zoot and Janice.
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2020, 01:39:33 PM »
Hi Zoot and Janis,

Welcome to the Forum.

What a great, fascinating and awesome introduction for us all to understand your presence on the Forum.

Your musical background is really interesting and you will have a great time getting to know your Genos.

You will find the guys and gals here a friendly lot with lots of expertise and advice.

Enjoy the Forum and your Genos.

Trevor (MINKYCATS)
Yamaha AR100 organ:  Genos
Previous: Hammond C3 with PR40 tone cabinet, Yamaha E30, Technics SX-EX60, Yamaha EL70, Technics KN7000, Tyros 5 - 61 and others.