Author Topic: Thank you Fred and a old newbie rant!  (Read 2322 times)

Offline rapaz

Thank you Fred and a old newbie rant!
« on: January 30, 2020, 05:09:57 AM »
Yankee ask midnight all help always Prune runs other golf ramp ankle mike mile it now great
Item intern really crap. User frankly idiot enter no did lima yank? what alpha bad joke!

The people that put together (if you can call it that) the documentation for their keyboards went out of their way to complicate it. Even some highly experienced users on this board are struggling to understand it. The paragraph above is easier to decipher.

Being a simple soul, I was hoping the new boards would come with better instructions to go along with their complexity. This SX700 makes my old Tyros seem easier to understand.

Having to download several documents to try and put the pieces together is an example of one of my frustrations. A few simple flow charts would simplify the learning process.

I think a committee of blind men, that thought they were designing a camel, wrote the documentation.

I know, this rant and $1.00 will get me a cup of coffee at McDonald’s.

I just drove 230 miles to get some needed help from Fred Smith. He offered some good insight in to how the boards are programmed. I found his Genos is not as compatible with my SX700 as I thought. ie RGT files won’t work on his board

Thank you Fred, it was a great meeting, your insight was appreciated. I’m hoping to meet someone here in Tucson help shorten the learning curve.

Offline Toril S

Re: Thank you Fred and a old newbie rant!
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2020, 10:17:01 AM »
Fred is always so helpful. So good that you two could mert! And I say amen to your rant. In addition to useless explanations comes small print. I really hate user manuals!
Toril S

Genos, Tyros 5, PSR S975, PSR 2100
and PSR-47.
Former keyboards: PSR-S970.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLVwWdb36Yd3LMBjAnm6pTQ?view_as=subscriber

Toril's PSR Performer Page

Offline hans1966

« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2020, 03:17:06 PM »
Hello Raptor and Toril, there is always the option to download the manuals in PDF, directly from the Yamaha site, so you can see it on your computer and you can expand the source to the point that it is read clearly. regards. Hans
"Enjoying my SX600, and moving step by step through the journey of life"

Offline Fred Smith

« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2020, 03:42:55 PM »
One thing I enjoyed about watching Richard play is seeing how other people use their keyboards.

I'm a Lawrence Welk kind of player -- there's only one way to play a song, and you develop a registration to play it that way.

Richard is much more like a jazz player -- I'll play it based on how I feel today. An he can play by ear! -- most impressive. I really liked some of his chord progressions (passing chords, he called them). I wish I could figure those out.

Keep at it, Richard. You'll get years of enjoyment from the keyboard.

Cheers,
Fred
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ
Genos, Bose L1 compacts, Finale 2015
Check out my Registration Lessons

Offline rapaz

« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2020, 12:11:38 AM »
Thank you for your comments on my post. And again, thank you Fred.

I did download the Manual, Reference Manual, Data document, Expansion Manager, etc.

I'm even having trouble getting my computer goto the correct page in the 900/700 manual. I click on the goto icon and don't always get the page I should.

I need a good old fashioned Gut Bucket. Only 3 parts to deal with, a washtub. a string and a stick needed. No manual required,

If I can figure out an easy to share some of my chordings I'll pass them along. Being an old guy much of my music doesn't need fancy chords. Songs like "over the rainbow"
are a different story.