Author Topic: Help please with settings  (Read 2744 times)

Offline Ray

Help please with settings
« on: January 30, 2020, 04:01:58 AM »
I have just got my CVP 809, after coming off the Tyros a few years ago, and Im a bit rusty, or a seniors moment !. Can someone help me please with a couple of questions I have. Firstly, I’ve downloaded the Playlist to USB port 2, at the side of the instrument, does the selected song to play also select the backing rhythm, as I can’t seem to find where it does this, if in fact it does. Please enlighten me. Also, to start, I would like the setting to use for me , on keyboard on the menu, to be when I touch and play the keys, set to so they sound with just a touch. Some Tyros players I know had the keys so they responded louder when played heavier, I want the opposite. Finally, Registration Freeze, What do you suggest are the best to tick next to. Does Style lock the selected style even when using Playlist for example. Hope you don’t mind these queries, but I have been away from the Tyros for over three years. Many thanks. Ray

Offline EileenL

Re: Help please with settings
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2020, 06:29:47 PM »
Playlist selects registrations and style suitable for the song title. Make sure it reads as USB1 in piano and then press playlist to select what title you want loaded.

Nocturne64

« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2020, 07:08:02 PM »
I can not help you with your question because I have no such piano, but I'm thinking to get one CVP809 soon. Could you please post your review here? Thanks.

Offline Ray

« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2020, 08:17:29 PM »
Thank you Eileen, I remember you said on the Tyros, re saving settings , to use the HD 1 to save settings, bthen back the up on the USB, and the USER to be your “workbench” . Now am I correct in that the Clavinova has no on board section to save like the a Tyros. One must save all new settings to a USB. Which port on the Clavinova do you recommend, the one on the panel, or the port underneath. Thank you for your help. I’m sure I will have more queries, I do appreciate what you have informed me over past years.

Offline Ray

« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2020, 08:27:07 PM »
Hello Noctune64, I have come from a T5 few years ago, and am very new to give my thoughts on the CVP 809 yet, except to say this so far, that the sound system is superb, when I played the in built songs, So very rich, excellent bass and clear definition of the instrumentation, the piano sounds excellent. My reason for the 809 over the Genos, dictated by two loving cats in the house, they would have a ball running over the top of a Genos, the 809 has the lid to keep them out of the “works” so as to speak. Otherwise I would have the Genos, I’m only a home player

Offline mikf

« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2020, 09:22:11 PM »
Ray
One of the biggest price differentiators in the 809 over the 805 and 803 is the weighted, hammer action, touch sensitive key action. So you paid thousands more to get the absolute best key action and now you want to turn it off??  You could have saved a lot of money by buying a much cheaper CVP than the 809.
Mike

Offline Ray

« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2020, 09:28:21 PM »
MIKF I realise that re weighted keys, maybe one day I may graduate to use them. The instrument does have a large screen and great speaker system, the screen assists my poor eyes.