Author Topic: Assignable/Direct Access to Registration Screen Selection  (Read 4502 times)

Offline lilryu

Assignable/Direct Access to Registration Screen Selection
« on: January 29, 2020, 10:59:28 PM »
Hi all,

During a live performance (during a song), sometimes I have to switch between multiple registration banks quickly to select/play certain sounds. I wanted to be able to assign a button or use direct access to get to the registration screen selection. Does anyone know if this is possible?

I tried looking through the assignable selection but couldn't find it.

Thank you!

Offline tyrosaurus

Re: Assignable/Direct Access to Registration Screen Selection
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2020, 11:22:15 PM »
You can open the Registration Bank Selection display by pressing REGIST BANK [-] and [+ ] buttons simultaneously!

Alternatively, if you have the Main Display open, you can touch the currently loaded Registration Memory Bank name (near the top left of the screen) to call up the Registration Memory Bank Selection display.

However, why not simply make a registration bank with the voices that you want to use in different registration memory buttons?  This will let you change voices without needing to load different banks.

Regards

Ian
« Last Edit: January 29, 2020, 11:29:49 PM by tyrosaurus »

The following users thanked this post: lilryu

andorra

« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2020, 03:28:36 AM »
It was more important to reach a register or a register bank with the direct access, and other functions too.  By the way, the whole direct access concept is poorly conceived, it's full of mindless functions.  >:(

Offline Fred Smith

« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2020, 04:22:22 AM »
It was more important to reach a register or a register bank with the direct access, and other functions too.  By the way, the whole direct access concept is poorly conceived, it's full of mindless functions.  >:(

It works well for most of us. You should follow Ian's advice. It will make your life a lot easier, unless, of course, what you really want to do is just complain.

Cheers,
Fred
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ
Genos, Bose L1 compacts, Finale 2015
Check out my Registration Lessons

andorra

« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2020, 03:52:28 PM »
" .....It works well for most of us." 

Hello Fred!  If it was up to you (what the majority is), the advance was stopped. We are working for you too.  :D

Let us see the aswer to my email from Yamaha Eu:

".....  We understand your request for a single standard registration on an assignable button very well. This should ensure that the user's basic settings can be called up at any time.
We will gladly forward this proposal to our colleagues in Japan. However, we cannot guarantee that the suggestion will be taken into account in the planning. This decision is made by the developers in Japan.
We thank you very much for this suggestion!
 "

« Last Edit: January 30, 2020, 06:10:13 PM by andorra »

Offline Enildo

« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2020, 10:28:10 PM »
I separate Registration Memories into different folders. For example: In the International folder I have 10 Registration.
In the Samba folder I have 5 Registration. If necessary, I can insert, in one of the folders, a "Registration Record" with voices, or other items that I deem necessary, and
as this is in a folder with 5, 7 or 10 Registration Memory, it will not be difficult to find.
I don't see the need for engineers to create an assignable button just for that.

Enildo
When word fail, Music speaks!

andorra

« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2020, 11:04:04 AM »
Hi Enildo !
Maybee you don"t understand my problem too. For what exist the assignable buttons? To reach functions what have own buttons??  For example: Registration memory, Registration 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8 Registration + and - , and many others?????  (Theese are selectable in this FW)
Maybee It were diifiucult to find you?
Something it not necessary for you for other ones can be important. One button push is squarely faster as your method. I can find too my registration memories, but I dont want to find it, I want reach any of these fast becouse I need it often. Your objection I cant accept.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2020, 11:33:35 AM by andorra »

Offline Ingar

« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2020, 11:36:27 AM »
You can open the Registration Bank Selection display by pressing REGIST BANK [-] and [+ ] buttons simultaneously!

Alternatively, if you have the Main Display open, you can touch the currently loaded Registration Memory Bank name (near the top left of the screen) to call up the Registration Memory Bank Selection display.

However, why not simply make a registration bank with the voices that you want to use in different registration memory buttons?  This will let you change voices without needing to load different banks.

Regards

Ian
I have tried that, but then i did get complications with textfile on screen. Works fine otherwise.

Ingar

sbuci

« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2020, 04:17:30 PM »

Tick text only at first registration memory..I think it will help!

Cheers!

Offline lilryu

« Reply #9 on: February 04, 2020, 05:56:15 AM »

Regards

Ian

Thank you Ian and Fred, I never knew by pressing [-] and [+ ] together you could call up the registration screen. This is exactly what I needed.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2020, 06:03:44 AM by lilryu »

Online manuel

« Reply #10 on: February 06, 2020, 07:27:20 AM »

Remember that also can use the FREEZE button while changing Registration banks while playing with no change of style.....
I would make a Registration bank with the sounds that you use more often, perhaps 2 banks, then with the usage of the FREEZE button you can have access to all the sounds you may need.

My 2 Cents

Manuel
My 2 Cents

Manuel