Author Topic: Playlist Question SX-700  (Read 1266 times)

Divemaster

Playlist Question SX-700
« on: February 03, 2022, 11:48:48 AM »
I wonder if somebody can help me please?

I've noticed this happening a number of times and wonder if it's something I'm missing or if I have something not working properly on the keyboard itself.

Here's an example of what's happening.

I go into my playlists, and find the ones that I have converted from the Tyros 2.
In there are two versions of the number "Always on my mind"

I set up the keyboard to play Intro 2 with the Sync Start and Variation B which is a nice Sax sound.

I now play my first chord and away I go into the song.

After the end of the first melody, I switch to Variation C and this changes Right 1  to what's called Ballad Delay ...
......and it is now so quiet that I can hardly hear what I'm playing with my right hand at all?

Surely on a preset playlist song that worked perfectly well on my Tyros, there shouldn't be any noticeable change in Volume?

I know i can go into the Mixer/Equaliser and make it louder, but that seems a bit of an odd way of dealing with it halfway through a number.....Or is it simply that the older playlists are not really worth bothering with?

Anyone got any ideas.  Not too technical please? I'm still finding my way.

Thank you.

« Last Edit: February 03, 2022, 12:11:01 PM by Divemaster »

Offline EileenL

Re: Playlist Question SX-700
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2022, 01:13:27 PM »
When you say Playlist are you using the ones supplied free from Yamaha or are you just using registrations from your Tyros 2. Are you using the OTS of a style. If so when selecting Variation three what is the volume set at. Ballad Delay is a Guitar voice which must be played staccato If you still have your finger on a note when you play the next one it will sound much softer. Why not find a sound you like better and set the volume you want and then save it into variation 3 and then resave the style.

Divemaster

« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2022, 02:45:12 PM »
Hi Eileen

This particular song is from the Tyros 2 MFD list. Converted on the SX700 to a playlist. I'm still not 100% sure how registrations differ from playlists. I press the two +- registration buttons, but only one light appears on the main bank of 8 buttons, Reg 1. So do I use the Registration button, or the playlist button? And if I use the playlist button and press LOAD to select the song, do I still need to press the registration button as well? They seem to do the same thing which is confusing.

I have all of the MFD playlists from Tyros 2 / 3 / 4 /and 5 in separate folders  on memory sticks.
These are the original MFD files converted by my SX700 to be readable on the new keyboard. 
Some songs as they got older, dropped off the MFD lists, and so I wanted to have the biggest selection possible and made an updated copy of each.

i think you've answered my question, in that I didn't know that the Ballad delay voice is a staccato voice, but having thought about it, I suppose pretty well all guitars are played like that. It explains why some other voices taper away too as I play them. I'll have to make allowances for that.

So that's what I'll do, I'll have a poke around for another instrument and resave the style as you have suggested. That will be a new exercise for me, and will help me to understand my keyboard better.

Thank you Eileen.

Offline EileenL

« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2022, 12:00:43 AM »
You are very welcome.

Offline Fred Smith

« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2022, 03:17:23 PM »
This particular song is from the Tyros 2 MFD list. Converted on the SX700 to a playlist. I'm still not 100% sure how registrations differ from playlists.

An MFD is a list of songs.
A playlist is a list of registrations.

A registration bank can have anywhere from 1 to 8 buttons activated. If a button doesn't light up, after loading the registration, it means nothing was memorized to that button. Use it for whatever your want.

Cheers,
Fred
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ
Genos, Bose L1 compacts, Finale 2015
Check out my Registration Lessons

Divemaster

« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2022, 03:35:26 PM »
Thanks Fred.......Getting there slowly but surely.