Author Topic: SX900 'hangs' in the search function regularly  (Read 3164 times)

Offline ton37

SX900 'hangs' in the search function regularly
« on: January 29, 2020, 07:17:03 PM »
It happens to me repeatedly that in the SEARCH function for styles or voices that the SX900 'is hanging in a continuous loop'. Especially when you've searched 3 or 4 times and then enter a non-existent or wrong style name or voice name. Restarting is the only way to get the SX out of the loop. Sometimes it took very long (3/5 minutes). Than you can do nothing to cancel that loop/search!

Too bad about that BUG, one should have a button to 'Cancel' the SEARCH-funtion. Please YAMAHA, repair that in the next update! Thank you...
« Last Edit: January 29, 2020, 07:28:19 PM by ton37 »
My best regards,
Ton

Offline Toril S

Re: SX900 'hangs' in the search function regularly
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2020, 07:28:00 PM »
Ton, this is not good! Does this also happen when you do not have a USB stick connected to the keyboard?
Toril S

Genos, Tyros 5, PSR S975, PSR 2100
and PSR-47.
Former keyboards: PSR-S970.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLVwWdb36Yd3LMBjAnm6pTQ?view_as=subscriber

Toril's PSR Performer Page

Offline ton37

« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2020, 07:31:31 PM »
Hi Toril, that is a good point. Thanks. I'v allways the USB connected. I will try without a USB… and respond …

(But the remark about cancelling a search by a 'CANCEL'-button would be handy)
« Last Edit: January 29, 2020, 07:33:10 PM by ton37 »
My best regards,
Ton

Offline ton37

« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2020, 08:29:47 PM »
An update: without USB I would not have had a 'search loop'. With USB I did have a 'search loop', which lasted about 4 minutes !! I do have a fast USB stick. Apparently the keyboard doesn't have a 'super fast' processor? But unfortunately you cannot interrupt the search. If the keyboard is searching, you cannot interrupt that process in any way and you cannot continue to play. Nothing works anymore. If you don't want to wait anymore, you'll have to turn the keyboard off and on.Conclusion: YAMAHA, please add. a CANCEL button while searching ....
My best regards,
Ton

Offline Toril S

« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2020, 08:52:26 PM »
Sgreed! A cancel button is a must!
Toril S

and PSR-47.

Offline toetsened

« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2022, 03:47:22 PM »
Same problem here. Very annoying. Yamaha, please solution in update.

Divemaster

« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2022, 04:39:13 PM »
Yep.

I've also had this on my SX-700.  >:(

Locks up the whole keyboard often for 4/5 minutes. After that,whatever registration I was playing previously flatly refuses to go. Only solution is to completely power off and re-start. Not impressed.

Maybe related.......Just spent about 30 minutes trying to get rid of some wretched Latin registration that just would not go. Even switching the keyboard off and then on again 4 times, the **** thing was still there. Only went when I unplugged it from the main power, and left it for 10 minutes.
Despite wanting to play something completely different  from the Entertainer style section, I couldn't shift it.

Offline Patrick

« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2022, 09:41:27 PM »
Hi, please don't put too much files in a directory on the USB (pads, styles, registrations, voices, textes, ....). The KB will take too much time to search your files. No more than 300 files in a directory and your KB will search the files very quickly! All the best Patrick
 :)

Offline Toril S

« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2022, 10:15:13 PM »
Patrick has a good point.
Toril S

and PSR-47.

Divemaster

« Reply #9 on: February 04, 2022, 11:37:33 AM »
I think Patrick has cracked it !

Too tempting to fill up a single USB stick with too much data.

Accessing them is a different matter! Sometimes need to remember that USB sticks aren't big meaty hard drives.

I've now split mine up between 4 different coloured ones so that I can keep track better. All working fine now.

Thank you Patrick!  Lesson learned.   ;D

Offline Aquilauno

« Reply #10 on: February 04, 2022, 09:31:43 PM »
Hi, please don't put too much files in a directory on the USB (pads, styles, registrations, voices, textes, ....). The KB will take too much time to search your files. No more than 300 files in a directory and your KB will search the files very quickly! All the best Patrick
 :)

I also confirm what Patrick said, the search function becomes interminable in the presence of too many files in the folder, yamaha should give the possibility to cancel the search ... I suggest to those who use an S.O. Windows this "Folder Ax" program allows you to divide very numerous files (for example styles) into a series of folders in one step, being able to decide the number of files that each folder must contain and the name of the folders that will be created (they will have a progressive numeration). This is to avoid having to manually create and divide the numerous files. It is a fantastic and free program.
Pietro

[attachment deleted by admin]

The following users thanked this post: overover