Author Topic: Wall Mount Arm Extension for iPads or Tablets  (Read 2442 times)

Offline Rick D.

Wall Mount Arm Extension for iPads or Tablets
« on: January 29, 2020, 03:19:39 PM »
Hi Guys,

I don't know if any of you guys are experiencing the same thing I did. As we progress in years, the old eyes aren't what they used to be, and reading sheet music gets harder and  harder. Having sheet music on an iPad helps a lot, but the distance from the music rest is just too far for some music. On the Tyros 4+5 I had purchased a set of brackets from a gentlemen in this group, that brought the music about 5-6" closer, and it worked great. Unfortunately they don't work on the Genos because of button interference.
I started searching the web and came up with this bracket. https://www.displays2go.com/P-36312/Secure-Tablet-Wall-Mount-Extendable-Arm?st=NewProducts
It is very well made and works perfectly if your Genos is against the wall. I attached a picture of how I set mine up. Only down side is it is a little pricey.

Rick D

[attachment deleted by admin]

The following users thanked this post: KeyboardByBiggs

Offline Rick D.

Re: Wall Mount Arm Extension for iPads or Tablets
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2020, 03:44:05 PM »
That's another option too, but for me I don't think it would be enough. I can bring this out to about a foot from my eyes LOL!

Rick D.

« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2020, 12:59:42 AM »
Nice setup, Rick D. Pricey perhaps but compared to the Genos, well worth the investment. That bracket would probably hold your car if it would fit!

Thanks for sharing :)!
"Learn" your music correctly, then "practice" it. Don't practice mistakes because you'll learn them.

Offline Rick D.

« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2020, 01:37:07 AM »
Thanks Lee,

The quality of this thing is NASA approved, kind of nice to see in this day and age.

Rick D.