Author Topic: Number of Registration Banks on PSR 750 & PSR 970  (Read 6831 times)

Offline YammyFan

Number of Registration Banks on PSR 750 & PSR 970
« on: January 28, 2020, 04:48:22 AM »
I think that there are a  total of 50 Registration Banks on the PSR 750.  I have filled them all up on my PSR  750  and wonder if it is possible to put them into Folders. and that would  give me more  storage space.   I'm pretty sure there are  a lot more on the PSR 970  --- in fact I have used up 54 so far, I've  looked in the hand book, but can't find the answer.

Offline Fred Smith

Re: Number of Registration Banks on PSR 750 & PSR 970
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2020, 06:14:26 AM »
I think that there are a  total of 50 Registration Banks on the PSR 750.  I have filled them all up on my PSR  750  and wonder if it is possible to put them into Folders. and that would  give me more  storage space.   I'm pretty sure there are  a lot more on the PSR 970  --- in fact I have used up 54 so far, I've  looked in the hand book, but can't find the answer.

The number of registrations is limited only by the space you have on your drive. Which is to say unlimited, as you would never exceed the space available on today’s USB sticks.

And you can have 500, not 50, files in a folder.

Create as many as you want. You’ll never run out of room.

Cheers,
Fred
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ
Genos, Bose L1 compacts, Finale 2015
Check out my Registration Lessons

The following users thanked this post: YammyFan

Offline YammyFan

« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2020, 07:53:58 AM »
The number of registrations is limited only by the space you have on your drive. Which is to say unlimited, as you would never exceed the space available on today’s USB sticks.

And you can have 500, not 50, files in a folder.

Create as many as you want. You’ll never run out of room.

Cheers,
Fred

Thank you Fred.  You mention my "drive"   and I am not sure where my drive is situated. Is it in my USB stick or is it in my PSR 970?

Offline Dick Rector

« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2020, 08:54:37 PM »
You save your RGT's on a USB stick (drive). The limit is the capacity of the drive. I have many hundreds of rgt's on a 16 GB stick and not even used half of its capacity.
PSR-2000 and PSR-S950

Offline panos

« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2020, 09:09:37 PM »
Hi yammy fan,
when you want to save something you see 2 tabs on your keyboard:

1)USER (This is the "drive" Fred has mentioned)
This tab is internal keyboard's memory that allow us to save regs,styles,voices,midis,pads etc. and it is limited.

2)USB1
Here you can save as much regs as you wish because it is the memory of the usb stick you have inserted in front of your keyboard and that's why we use usb sticks.To have unlimited space to save our "stuff".
« Last Edit: January 28, 2020, 09:11:54 PM by panos »

Offline YammyFan

« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2020, 12:03:57 AM »
Hi yammy fan,
when you want to save something you see 2 tabs on your keyboard:

1)USER (This is the "drive" Fred has mentioned)
This tab is internal keyboard's memory that allow us to save regs,styles,voices,midis,pads etc. and it is limited.

2)USB1
Here you can save as much regs as you wish because it is the memory of the usb stick you have inserted in front of your keyboard and that's why we use usb sticks.To have unlimited space to save our "stuff".

Thanks Panos. You have helped me enormously. Also,I must congratulate you on playing  that Albonini so beautifully on You Tuibe.

The following users thanked this post: panos

Offline YammyFan

« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2020, 12:45:13 AM »
I have today, discovered, that my PSR 970 has 99 Banks to put in Registrations, so that should be enough to keep me going for the rest of my life.[ I was born in 1936]   I am very grateful to Forum members who helped me to extend the  total number of Registration Banks on my PSR 750 from 49   to 100+ by going into the USER section and  creating lots of new banks. I will leave them in my USER section and definitely NOT transfer them to my USB Stick as I tried that, and it mucked up my access to my Reg Files..  As I  always leave my USB stick plugged in, I can easily Tab across to USER to access Registrations 51  - 99.  I take my hat off  [salute] those wonderful members of this Forum who freely give their time to helping other.

Offline Fred Smith

« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2020, 01:22:40 AM »
I have today, discovered, that my PSR 970 has 99 Banks to put in Registrations, so that should be enough to keep me going for the rest of my life.[ I was born in 1936]   I am very grateful to Forum members who helped me to extend the  total number of Registration Banks on my PSR 750 from 49   to 100+ by going into the USER section and  creating lots of new banks. I will leave them in my USER section and definitely NOT transfer them to my USB Stick as I tried that, and it mucked up my access to my Reg Files..  As I  always leave my USB stick plugged in, I can easily Tab across to USER to access Registrations 51  - 99.  I take my hat off  [salute] those wonderful members of this Forum who freely give their time to helping other.

Your keyboard will store a lot more than 99 registrations. Where did you get the idea that this was the limit?

Also note that you can move or rename a registration with impunity. It will always work, regardless of where you move it. Try it and yo'll see.

Cheers,
Fred
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ

Offline YammyFan

« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2020, 05:24:31 AM »
Your keyboard will store a lot more than 99 registrations. Where did you get the idea that this was the limit?

Also note that you can move or rename a registration with impunity. It will always work, regardless of where you move it. Try it and yo'll see.

Cheers,
Fred
Yes, Fred you are absolutely right.. After reading your post I realized that each bank on my PSR750 holds 8 registrations , so if I multiply  49 by 8 I get 392 Registrations. And on my PSR 970 I get
99x8=792 Registrations.

Offline Fred Smith

« Reply #9 on: January 30, 2020, 12:14:20 PM »
Yes, Fred you are absolutely right.. After reading your post I realized that each bank on my PSR750 holds 8 registrations , so if I multiply  49 by 8 I get 392 Registrations. And on my PSR 970 I get
99x8=792 Registrations.

You need to read the post again. There’s no "99" limit. You can easily have thousands of registrations. The only limit is the amount of disk space you have.

Cheers,
Fred
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ