Author Topic: Genos with FCB1010  (Read 4362 times)

Thomas Baker

Genos with FCB1010
« on: January 28, 2020, 03:59:46 AM »
Has anyone had any experience in using a midi pedal board in triggering intros, endings and variations with the drums in musical styles?
Appreciate any info or suggestions.
Thx T.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2020, 04:01:08 AM by Thomas Baker »

Offline Rick D.

Re: Genos with FCB1010
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2020, 08:13:10 AM »
Hi Tom,

i have been using a similar board from Yamaha for a few years now. It is an MFC 10. Although it is a little more difficult to configure on the Genos, than it was on the Tyros, it is still doable.
You will be able to do anything you want with it. I couldn’t imagine not having one now. I’m not sure if the FCB1010 configures the same as the MFC10, but it sure looks similar.

Rick D.

Offline valimaties

« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2020, 08:39:59 AM »
Hi Thomas

Maybe this can helps you!

PS: Sorry for the title! I don't own that article, I found it over the internet!   :)

Regards,
Vali
« Last Edit: January 28, 2020, 08:41:04 AM by valimaties »

Vali Maties - Genos

Offline robinez

« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2020, 09:08:56 AM »
I'm using the FCB1010, it works flawlessly (including the two pedals). But you have to configure it yourself, which can be quite difficult if you don't know the button sequence which was explained in the link in the previous post.

I'm really happy with it.

The following users thanked this post: marcodg

Offline marcodg

« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2020, 01:53:01 PM »
I'm using the FCB1010, it works flawlessly (including the two pedals). But you have to configure it yourself, which can be quite difficult if you don't know the button sequence which was explained in the link in the previous post.

I'm really happy with it.

Hello
How do you program the two pedal ? I could configure all other 10 buttons without the two pedal.
Thanks
Yamaha Genos, Korg pa4x,  Korg EC5, Yamaha FC7, Yamaha FC4A,, Yamaha L-515 B, Sennheiser E845, Behringer Eurolive B208, JBL EON ONE, Yamaha GNS-01

Offline robinez

« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2020, 08:01:11 PM »
Hello
How do you program the two pedal ? I could configure all other 10 buttons without the two pedal.
Thanks

The right pedal is already assigned to Control Change 7 (CC7)
The left pedal is standard assigned to CC27 so you have to change that to CC4, to do this do the following steps:

- Press the down button for 5 seconds
- Press the up button
- Now press Pedal 8
- Press the up button again
- now enter the number 04
- Press the up button again
- Press the down button for 5 seconds

Done

Now you can assign any function on the genos settings for CC4 to your left pedal
For the right pedal you have to assign a function on the genos for CC7 (for instance upper 1 volume)

het rechter pedaal staat al goed die is gekoppeld aan CC7 die staat ook in de genos external control en bedient nu upper 1 volume. Het linker pedaal moet je veranderen van CC 27 naar CC 04. Dat werkt op dezelfde manier, houd down 5 sec ingedrukt, daarna druk je op up. Daarna op pedal 8 , vervolgens weer op up. Nu kun je het getal 04 invoeren, druk weer op up om te bevestigen en houdt daarna down weer 5 seconden ingedrukt. Nu kun je in de genos bij CC4 het linkerpedaal ook toekennen

Natureflyer

« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2020, 09:18:19 AM »
Hi Robinez  (wonder if you are still active?)

Liked a lot for your calm playing and sounds. 
I have our herited old Grand piano by the Tyros 5. Tyros is so complicated and the piano sounds a bit Paige so I find my self more relaxed and time inspiring when sitting by the grand.  My age perhaps 71y ;)

Anyway my problem now is getting my FCB1010 launching the selected functions of T5 picked mainly form it MCF10 template. I know how to put note values into FCB but cant find them for the Functions?
I managed to send the modified template to FCB but it plays only sounds  not to trigged functions?
I attached a small excel file for desired functions.

All the written info available confuses me. Also now quite understand the midi world and commands. The Tyros data list does not open to me ;)

I wonder it you could assist

Thanks Ville (Natureflyer)

[attachment deleted by admin]